Traded a 2008 touring for a 2006 base
By mike on
2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I drove a 2008 touring prius for 1500 miles and averaged 42 mpg. Then I bought a 2006 base prius and I'm averaging over 48 mpg for the first 100 miles. Maybe the weight of the car and the tires makes a difference in the mpg rating. I do think the 2008 has better sound deadening insulation which may make the car heavier. I previously owned a bmw 335, bmw 525, infiniti m35, toyota avalon, subaru legacy, mazda 3, saturn l200, mustang gt, saab 9-3, honda accord, honda passport, nissan truck, and chevy cavalier but the prius is my favorite simply because of the gas mileage, low maintenance cost and quiet ride. Bought the 2006 base with 49k miles certified for $13,500--excellent condition inside/out.
Favorite Features
bluetooth, aux port for ipod, fuel economy, quiet engine, interior volume, smart key system
Suggested Improvements
There is too much plastic and cloth in the interior-the arm rests should be plastic and not cloth.
By mlutch
on 05/08/12 21:58 PM (PDT)

Wow - $13,500 for a 2006 Prius w/49K - that's great! I'm looking at a 2006 with 59K miles for $14,500. We're did you get your deal? Mitch