2006 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: This is the best car I've ever

2006 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

This is the best car I've ever owned
By spaam2021 on

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The gas savings is obvious -- I'm getting 50MPG with 90% highway driving. If I drive in the city only, I can get 60+MPG. My fuel costs went from $200+ per month to under $100 with barely any effort. The car has also been highly reliable. After all this time I've owned it, it didn't need anything beyond basic maintenance. Sometimes it doesn't even need anything beyond an oil change. I also LOVE the interior in this thing. The 'Start' ignition button, joystick shifter, LCD dashboard, multifunction display....it all looks very futuristic to me. I wish the car has a temperature gauge on the LCD dashboard and that it is more comfortable to ride, but otherwise, it's an extremely great car!

High MPG, multifunction display and LCD dashboard, ability to drive on electricity at low speeds

The car could be quieter and more comfortable. The audio system could also use some improvements. There tends to be lag between songs and powering up when using MP3 CDs.