2006 Toyota Prius 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Shapes of things to come

2006 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Shapes of things to come
By MTPockets on

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning the Prius for two years and 27,000 miles, it has been entirely problem free. I average mid 40 MPG driving mostly in heavy rush hour traffic. It is quiet, comfortable and roomy (for a smaller car). I have hauled lumber (you can close the hatch with 8' lumber over the console). It is extremely roomy and the seats fold flat for volume hauling. I love this car for being practical and economical. I hope the new body style is less quirky and has 17" or 18" lower profile tires. I will trade in my 2006 if Toyota does this. I would like to see an "el Camino" body style option - I would seriously consider buying one.

Favorite Features

Economy, roominess, build quality & materials, practicalness

Suggested Improvements

Nix the interior back-up beeper. Allow the windows to operate without the car in run mode. Make the design less quirky and relocate the spoiler from blocking the rear view. Replace the 15" high profile tires with all season low profile 17" tires. Get rid of the plastic hub rings from the wheels.