This has been an AMAZING CAR!!
By priusmatt on
2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had my 2006 Prius V for a year and a half and just had to write a review because it has been such a wonderful car. I bought this car in May 10 w/ 80k miles on it and was a little worried at first because of the high miles. I ended up getting a smokin deal & the only fixes that this car has needed has been an A/C fan regulator, front light bulbs, and the typical oil change, brakes, tires. I now have 122,000 miles on this car (I drive about 3,000 miles a month) and man, what an excellent car! I have range 55-70 mpg (yes 70!) here in Phx. So, if you are considering used, go for it! This is a GREAT CAR that runs well as the miles get up there. Trading for an 11 Prius this month!
Favorite Features
Amazing gas miles, ESP as you learn to drive these cars. The Bluetooth is awesome, backup camera great (will get one on every car from here on out), CD and JBL sounds really wonderful, and the iPod adapter - all a must. Especially love that w/ the smart key you can't lock your keys in the car! (have done about 8 x so far,..but the car won't let you lock me in there...lol - a real life saver.). Storage is plenty (and I have 2 kids), & the overall feel of the car is really ++. I am a BMW guy (had an M5 and M Roadster), and decided to change for the gas mileage. You won't regret it once you buy your Prius. Getting great mileage is a fun "game", and to drive 3-4 miles w no engine on? WOW!!!
Suggested Improvements
Better paint on the hood (some rock chips showing),.. But actually not bad at all for 122k miles. Haven't really used the nav much (I use google maps on my bberry), but all else has been wonderful. Looking fwd to the 2011, and am passing on the 2010 b/c I have heard some issues with the first year of the model change. Will def be a hybrid driver for life. Have a rental car now that gets 25 mpg,..and HATING it! Lol!