2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )
Prius performance
By prius on 03/28/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is great to drive, nice looking and very comfortable. Seats 5 easily even very tall people. I am not as thrilled with the gas consumption as I had hoped. When I bought the car I was led to believe I would get great mileage. It says 50-60 mpg in the ads and in the booklet and I am getting 44-45 and a range of a bit over 350 miles per tank . They should change the ratings and give the consumer better information.

2006 Prius Review
By Sharon Tingley on 03/22/07 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have really enjoyed our Prius in the year we have owned it. It has excellent pick-up and over-all performance. Gas mileage has been consistent with Consumers Report, but not windshield. Our highest mileage has been 46.7. Average overall has been about 44.2. It is very roomy inside.

Great little car
By Jo Anne Berg on 02/26/07 08:40 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Toyota Prius has far exceeded my expectations as a reliable, clean, economical car to drive. We had ours specially equipped with all the extras, and find it to be extremely comfortable even on very long trips. We are a family of four and find the car also has plenty of room for us. It makes us happy to think we are doing our part to help our planet. No regrets.

Great car!
By raykpt on 02/20/07 12:31 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the most fun I've ever had driving. The technology is fantastic. The car has a quiet smooth ride and is very roomy. It looks like a small car from the outside, but a midsize on the inside. Very pleased so far.

Toyota Prius is excellent for commuting
By Bruce Wilber on 01/25/07 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Prius in order to get better fuel economy for commuting to work. I was impressed by the space utalization of this vehicle. We enjoy using this car for most of our dday to day travel and highly reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking for a midsize vehicle.

The best car in the world
By GBRACH on 01/08/07 21:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best car in the world. Has no equal. We have bought 3 and will buy 08 when it comes out. My advice is to GET ONE! You will not be disappointed.

MPG depends on how you drive, PERIOD!
By Mike on 01/08/07 00:37 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

pkg #2. 33,273 mi from 1/19/06 to 1/7/07. Avg 48 mpg first 15k mi (haven't updated spreadsheet) Best tank 712 mi. Only 2 tanks under 40 mpg, 34.4 & 38.8, 1 hr in St Louis then to Pine Bluff, AR March 5th (plea 5th on speed). 70 mph gets around 45 mpg, 60 mph 50 mpg. Less mpg in winter. 20-40 mph just right (accel & coast) gets 70-100 mpg on hwy from Pine Bluff to Little Rock (best was 93mpg @ 35mi). CPU mpg reset to 0 on its own a few times, once while looking at it. Out of gas 3 times. W/6 blue bars barely made 1.7 mi to gas sta. Most gas on fillup 12.4 gal. Elec A/C & engine heat. READ MANUAL. Overall, I LOVE IT!

Super saver Prius
By wayne on 01/02/07 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the Prius in March 2006 trading in a Toyota Avalon. Was concerned about the ride and handling compared to the Avalon. We find that the Prius is equal or better. Love the gas mileage. Now have 18000 miles and not one problem. It's a great car.

Former Lexus Driver
By jblakely on 12/27/06 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2005 and 2006 Prius. The Prius has excellent interior room. Both of my Prius cars get between 40-45 MPG in a combination of city and freeway driving. The car has good acceleration, and acceptable interior noise. It's fun to drive and quite comfortable to operate.

I Love My Prius
By Charlie on 12/22/06 11:59 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is an absolute wonderful experience to drive. I have taken several long road trips with great gas mileage and it is fun to tool around town and the engine never kicks on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.