Used 2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )

What a Great Car!!
By Susanne Stafford

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius! It is beautiful, I love the design, and the headlights - she seems sassy to me. The interior is spacious and you feel like your in a much larger car. There is a lot of leg and head room, I am short and find it comfortable but have taken lots of tall folks around in it and they all agree that it is spacious. But the thing I most love is bragging about my really great gas mileage! I get an easy 48.8 mpg and on a recent trip got 48.5 at 77 mph. Great car! Thanks.

By FDH

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive this Prius about 200 miles every week. I average about 55 miles to the gallon depending on the wind here in the Texas Panhandle. I averaged over 50 miles to the gallon when we drove to Salt Lake City and back. This trip was about 2000 miles and in the mountains. There was 4 adults in the car besides our luggage. I drove about 70 miles an hour. We just got back from Virginia. We drove 10 hours one day and 16 hours the next day at about 72 miles an hour. There was 5 of us in the car. Three adults and two children plus our luggage, we averaged about 50 miles to the gallon, and this trip was about 4000 miles. I am very happy with my Prius and wouldn't trade it for any car.

Favorite Features

I like the way it drives and handles. It is easy to park and is very reliable. I didn't realise it had a place to store your tools in the back until I had a flat.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any way to improve on it. For my purpose it is perfect. I plan on getting another one when I trade this one in.

The "Toy" in TOYOTA
By Harry R

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is fun to drive with many new toys.

Favorite Features

Nav system

Suggested Improvements

Beter visibiliy to the back of car. Rear camera not to helpful.

Happy driver
By no

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is so great. Who knew that helping the environment could look and feel so good in a car!!! What a wonderful way to help mother earth. I'm not a tree hugger, but owning this car sure makes me feel like one- currently avging about 45 mpg. Have been up around 50 at one point. Fun to play the mpg game while driving. Safety ratings through the roof- Iíve got my 2 kids in the back in their car seats. U need 2 buy this car!!

my first toyota prius
By pete bogumill

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am tired of the fact that gas prices are forever climbing so I bought a Toyota Prius. I love the car. It's fun to drive and it is a well made car. I am averaging approx 50 m.p.g. so far this summer. I have about 6000 miles on it now and I have no regrets. I hope toyota keeps their quality forever. I couldn't be more happy with this Toyota Prius. Thank you.

Favorite Features

Favorite features on the Prius is the whole car!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would ask for is the drivers seat go back further and the electic battery end of it be stronger. Maybe in a couple years they will have this also.