Used 2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (251 reviews )

Love it....
By ladybalboa

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my car. Averaging 52 mpg. It's great. The car is very comfortable for long trips.

Gas savings

Rear visibility

Just a GREAT automobile
By Joe Rizzo

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the car because of the NYS Clean Pass that allows travel in LIE HOV lane w/o any passengers. Mission accomplished. Bought new 4/21/06, now has 12,000 miles. The surprise was the silver lining - anywhere between 48 and 54 mpg saves me thousands in gasoline. I drive a daily round trip of 140 miles - the car replaced by the Prius was a 2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Convertible - Benz @ 20 mpg with high test, Prius @ 50 mpg with regular. Any questions? And the fact that every fill-up costs pennies vs. the Benz says it all. My driveway contains three Mercedes, one BMW, one SAAB and one Prius. Reverse snobbery rules here in my house - the Prius wins HANDS DOWN. No wonder it retains value!

Prius Proud
By ennas

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having driven everything from a Porsche 944 to a Pontiac GTO ('66) and some of the fastest gas guzzlers one can drive, I am now an impassioned convert (aren't all converts impassioned?) to the low-emission, high-mileage-per-gallon world of the Toyota Prius. This car is incredible. First off, the mileage is great, even better than I thought it would be. Second, and now just as critical as ever, is the emissions. Very low, negligibly low, which means great things for the environment. Third, this car is FAST. Gets you on the highway very quickly and (don't tell the state troopers) I've had this car up to 95 mph; the car didn't even hiccup at that speed. That's plenty fast for anyone.

Love the look, love the mileage, love the comfort.

Absolutely none.

What a Great Car!!
By Susanne Stafford

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius! It is beautiful, I love the design, and the headlights - she seems sassy to me. The interior is spacious and you feel like your in a much larger car. There is a lot of leg and head room, I am short and find it comfortable but have taken lots of tall folks around in it and they all agree that it is spacious. But the thing I most love is bragging about my really great gas mileage! I get an easy 48.8 mpg and on a recent trip got 48.5 at 77 mph. Great car! Thanks.

By FDH

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive this Prius about 200 miles every week. I average about 55 miles to the gallon depending on the wind here in the Texas Panhandle. I averaged over 50 miles to the gallon when we drove to Salt Lake City and back. This trip was about 2000 miles and in the mountains. There was 4 adults in the car besides our luggage. I drove about 70 miles an hour. We just got back from Virginia. We drove 10 hours one day and 16 hours the next day at about 72 miles an hour. There was 5 of us in the car. Three adults and two children plus our luggage, we averaged about 50 miles to the gallon, and this trip was about 4000 miles. I am very happy with my Prius and wouldn't trade it for any car.

I like the way it drives and handles. It is easy to park and is very reliable. I didn't realise it had a place to store your tools in the back until I had a flat.

I can't think of any way to improve on it. For my purpose it is perfect. I plan on getting another one when I trade this one in.