2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )
Incredible Car
By Jeff on 04/09/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Prius has surpassed my expectations. I just put in my second tank of gas since I bought the car and was surprised that I had got 55.6 mpg (per my calculation), the on board computer reported 54.9. My first tank I got 51.5 mpg. I was not expecting the mpg to be this good since the press always states that actual Prius mpg is less than that stated on the window sticker. It may help that I live in very flat and warm Florida. In all other respects this car is very pleasing to drive.

my little prius
By gerald shook on 04/04/06 06:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My only complaint is the touch screen.. when it is cold, it is nearly black when it is bright outside the message is almost wiped out. I made a cardboard shield, painted flat black(inside), taped it to the border, and could then see the message in bright sunlight. You should offer this!! I love this car!!

Technological Marvel
By santhanr on 04/01/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is very comfortable and fun to drive this car. I am totally sold on the hybrid idea. Toyota Engineers have made excellent utilization of the interior space. I was amazed at how well the GPS and Bluetooth feature worked, though the voice activation is so so. Lots of interior and trunk space for a car this size. Acceleration is just above average. I was surprised to see there wasn't a power seat option. Overall, an awesome car - a technological marvel.

2006 Toyota Prius
By jtaft on 03/31/06 22:27 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle after owning a Toyota Matrix 4WD XR for 4 years. I can honestly say the Prius has better and much quieter acceleration. I am averaging 52.5MPG on my second full tank of gas in mostly city driving around Boston! (48MPG on the first tank) I will miss 4WD drive in the winter, but traction control/VSC is better than nothing! The 6 CD changer takes MP3 CDs which means you can record 100-150 songs on a disk (600-900 total song jukebox)!!! If that is not enough there is AUX in in the armrest for IPODS and SAT in for Satellite Radio! It seems to be able to substain 100MPG at speeds between 30-40MPH while coasting with no arrows on the energy display for 2-3 miles at times!

GOTTA HAVE THIS CAR!
By EarthSavySuprGrl on 03/24/06 06:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing... for the price you will never find another sedan like this one, plus it saves you so much on gas. They also are giving away substantial tax breaks in some states for owning these cars plus "Clean Pass" priveleges (HOV lane w/o carpool). Also, its sooooo quiet, you'll never even know its on half the time. Overall, for the money and the features you cannot beat this car!

Coasting along
By Steph on 03/16/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Prius about one month ago and I love the car. I purchased the car for environmental reasons and it's living up to my expectations. Mileage is averaging 45-50. Mileage will increase as car breaks in and as temps warm (right now winter in Chicago). Smooth ride. Quiet car. Comfortable seats. Helpful MPG data on a current basis. Nice interior layout with climate and audio controls easily accessed on steering wheel.

Prius Unbelievably Cool
By siss on 03/14/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned and driven BMW's, Mercedes, Porches,yet, none of them compares to my Prius. What a cool car. Techie heaven. Fun and relaxing to drive. Exceptional quality. I'm totally sold on Prius.

Prius, A Real Winner
By Ron M on 03/14/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has everything. It's technology at it best. The Prius feels larger than it is. The interior is spacious, Storage and cargo space is quite large. Batteries are underneath the car rather than in the cargo area. The Prius accelerates suprisingly fast. It handles and feels like a mid-size car. The $3100.00 Federal tax creit for the first 60,000 units sold in 2006 is a real bonus. Tax credits are gradually reduced 50%, then 25%. Toyota estimates that 15,000 will be sold each month through 2006. I cannot say enough good things about this automobile. Consumer Reports rates this car as a hybrid best and the repair records show that the car has been nearly flawless for the last 2 years.

all good!!
By Jack Henry on 03/09/06 07:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The touch screen provides excellent feed back on what the vehicle is doing, also the ease with making any necessary changes to climate control, audio etc. are easy and simple to accomplish. The additional command controls on the steering wheel are really handy to eliminate the need to remove your hands from the wheel. The vehicle drives and rides surprisingly well for such a small looking car, however the interior isn't small car at all. When sitting in the vehicle you have the feeling of being in a much larger vehicle and in fact the sq. foot room is spacious. I really like the vehicle and am not disappointed with anything about it. It is a super engineered car with many convenient features.

It's Easy to be Green!
By Mikey1951 on 03/02/06 10:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car just before the hurricanes of '05, so great timing on our part and a stroke of luck. The car immediately did pretty heave road duty ferrying our son to travel soccer tournaments and games...most out-of- state or on the other side of the state. Love it! Rides well, road noise is minimal, has a bigger interior feel than our Mercury Sable, great mileage. Head room is great, cargo capacity is fine, good visibility.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.