2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (248 reviews )
Prius is amazing
By diagonalmayhem on 04/26/06 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

LOVE THE PRIUS. I had the top of the line 2004 Prius, whose only shortcoming was the lack of leather seating. This was all solved with the 2006, which we ordered the minute we could. I took delivery on the top of the line '06 Prius, and immediately could tell an improvement. They revamped the navigation system (and all the other displays) and also replaced the smooth plastic dashboard with "rhino-skin" which is very appealing and stays exceptionally clean.

Interior Concerns
By Jask001 on 04/25/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car and lots of fun. I purchased the NL package but I should have considered leather seats because of the current material. It seems to be a velour type material that stains and retains... currently at 45-46 MPG

Prius 2006
By Hue on 04/23/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thought for months about purchasing this car. Prior to finalizing the deal I experienced "buyer's remorse"; however, since purchasing it, I have not regretted for a minute acquiring this fun little car. The gas and commuting time I have saved have been an added bonus.

My Second Prius
By Beth Webber on 04/21/06 16:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

No matter how many times car people tell me that the Prius is never going to pay for itself, I'll still drive one. This is my second one and I love everything about it, especially the fact that the pollution level is so low. My mileage for my 2003 averaged 45-49 mpg (actual mileage) and the new one is 49-52 mpg so far. Foo on the naysayers-this is a really comfortable and well handling little car. I love the back up camera and the 8 airbag option also.

55+ MPG and Getting It!
By Steve n' Donna on 04/21/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased our Prius after waiting a month for it to come in. My wife drives 50 miles each way to work and we felt with the rising fuel prices, we needed a change from the PT Cruiser she was driving. This Prius has tickled us to death so far. It's averaging 55 mpg on the Hwy and around 58 mpg in town. We live in a rural area so we have more "country driving". The car is very comfortable with lots of leg room (6' tall). So far we've found nothing to grumble about, and I'm picky. Treated extremly well at the Joplin Toyota dealership too. Kept up to speed on delivery and made it happen. Excellent all around sedan with great warranty too!

Worth the Money-Great Prius
By R ichard Knudsen on 04/19/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I know I was reading about others reporting that they don't get the gas mileage on the sticker, but I can not think back to any car I ever had that matched the sticker milage per gallon. I am averaging about 50 mpg and that is mostly highway. I have taken a few long drives on back roads and have averaged about 55 mpg. If anyone wants to split hairs please do. But, I am very happy with that mileage. I also noticed if you are a "lead foot" forget about getting high mileage but from what I hear you can still expect 45 mpg. By the way the space in my prius is great and I had 4 people on a long trip and no problems. All I can say is look at the gas prices and decide if it is time yet?

2006 Prius can even surprise it's fans
By meurdrac on 04/18/06 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2006 Prius just over a month ago, and I must admit, there have been some real surprises for me despite my intensive research. This is a car that's truly fun to drive. While the hybrid system may give some pause who demand lightning accelleration and response, I want to assure you, this is a different kind of car that will help change the way you drive. It makes you more one with the machine than any other car ever I've driven. How does it do this? The interactive nature of the driving system and the onboard computer that gives you a clear idea of how your driving is affecting your fuel economy. This car will help you to become a better, more aware driver.

Awesome car
By USMCMOM on 04/18/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We test drove this car and I fell in love with it. This car is just totally awesome. I am averaging about 45 miles/gal. I like the looks I get when driving it. The inside is roomy, my 6 ft, 1 in. hubby fits in the back with plenty of leg room. I have never looked forward to driving a car as much as I do this one.

06 Prius
By 06 Prius on 04/17/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This Prius replaced my 2003 Prius; I thought the 03 was ahead of its time, but my new one is just outstanding. I am currently averaging 49.1 MPG, most of which is high speed interstate driving (6000) miles.

Business Vehicle
By Neil Rothe on 04/16/06 02:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered the Prius in September of 2005 and received on 01/23/06. Gas mileage is excellent at 44 MPG for all 9800 miles that I've put on it so far. Car has suprisingly good pickup and is very solidly built. This vehicle replaced a Tahoe which I was using for business. Fit and trim are excellent. Wish true American car companies could build a car that gets this type of mileage. Also love the keyless aspect with automatic unlocking of drivers door with out having to funble for keys.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.