Used 2006 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Prius

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (251 reviews )

I love it!
By jan

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove all the Hybrids before deciding on the Prius, more options, comfort and design were superior. Also road noise is far better than the Honda. Seats are very comfortable. I have gone on two long trips already and have loved every minute. I have averaged between 52 and 72 MPG... very satisified. And RED IS the color! I have the option 4 package and it has all I need.

My key stays in my purse. Comfortable. Savings at the gas station and averaging 58 MPG. I can lay the back seats down and haul more than most SUVs!

The shiny black in areas of the front. Around radio and cupholders always looks dusty. All else is perfect!

Fun to Drive
By katway

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Absolutely the most fun to drive car I've owned. I've owned sports cars, SUVs, etc. But this one takes the cake. I'm always eager to take the car out for a spin, run errands, etc. It has a nice ride, is comfortable, roomy, and really a complete all around good vehicle.

Cargo/passenger space, steering wheel and voice activated controls, back-up camera, navigation, bluetooth, silent engine, etc.

Incorporate body mouldings for doors and rear bumper guard.

More than I expected
By Bryan Killen

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is easily the best car I've ever owned, I love driving it. It's got plenty of room (I'm 6' 1"), surprising power, and the interior is top notch. I'll never own a conventional drivetrain car again, there aren't any sacrifices because of the hybrid system. Plus, it drives like a car that costs thousands more. Power is seamless due to the high tech transmission.

Back up camera, smart key, 500 miles/10 gallons of gas, multifunction display, high quality interior.

I've heard that the next generation Prius will be able to be plugged in for engine free driving for 18 miles, a suggestion that is already being worked on.

First Impressions
By pehayes

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well these impressions are based on the first 1500 miles. I bought the least expensive Prius (only with option 2 package). Car is responsive, runs smoothly, drives well in city or highway. Mileage is better than I thought it would be. Tax credit was a major factor in choosing Prius.

Gas mileage - I am getting 50+ mpg. for the first 1500 miles.

More comfortable seats

Nice Prius
By ProudPriusOwner

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Read about it, bought it, love it. The interior is amazing. I'm just waiting for PHEV now.

Room and fuel economy