2005 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Very reliable and economical!

2005 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Very reliable and economical!
By 3angelsfly on

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We now have 145,000 miles on our Prius and it has no mechanical problems and drives as good as it did when I purchased it with 67k. Still getting 45 mpg, and I don't drive easy. Cannot find a better car out there for the money and cost of ownership. Have done basic maintenance--oil changes, spark plagues, air filter, trans fluid, and a new 12V battery, and tires. Only thing that stopped working was the cd changer, but we use an ipod through the tape deck anyway. Still using original headlight bulbs, and brakes. Car handles well; very easy to drive, very good in snow and ice. Unfortunately, the car does not have comfortable seats, and is not sporty or fun to drive for a young man.

-- Fuel Mileage! -- Roominess ( I can get 8.5 foot lumber in the car when I fold the seats down!), back seat passengers have plenty of knee and head room. -- Practicality--lots of cubby holes and cup holders. -- Reliability--no complaints at all. -- My wife likes it! -- JBL sound system is awesome -- Hid lights -- Smart Key

-- Elimante rattles and squeaks--the car does have annoying dash rattles that I have fixed by jamming paper in between the cracks. -- Make the seats more comfortable and adjustable -- especially for the driver. -- Needs more power when climbing mountains after the battery drains down. (2011 Prius has more power) -- Dealer charged way too much for 12 volt battery $170