Love My Prius
By Ed on
2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Others can give technical reviews - I will just say I drive a LOT (36k/yr) and switched from a GS300 Lexus (sports sedan) to the Prius, and it has been wonderful! Excellent mileage is a given (45-47 on all roads, all weather). I drive faster than I should so slowing down would eke out 3-4 more mpg. Interior is very well-designed. Displays are different from American cars, much more efficient and user- friendly, and the display info is amazing. NO REPAIRS YET at 105,000 miles!! I have had many cars and all needd repairs before 100k miles, except the Prius. Of course I needed new tires, oil changes, maintenance. Handles well, easy to turn/park, love the hatchback.
Favorite Features
Mileage of course is great. Love the GPS (how did we live without it), and the synchronous transmission is awesome. Seats 5 comfortably which is surprising since it looks smaller than it is inside. Also the hatchback - cargo area holds an amazing amount.
Suggested Improvements
1) Add leather seats (cloth seats gets dirty so easily). 2) Add plug in, add enhanced battery pack (to get 100+ mpg), and 3) add "cross-over" body type with 3rd row seating (like RAV4) so it can seat >5 people while getting amazing mileage.