2005 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Love My Prius

2005 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Love My Prius
By Denise on

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have very much enjoyed owning and driving my Prius. It is responsive, zippy and quiet. It's going on two years old and still feels new to me. I've had a couple warranty items fixed: the windshield washer jets (they weren't spraying properly) and the locking component for the glove box (the finish chipped off). It's reliable and comfortable regardless if you're small or tall. I chose Package 4 which has the Vehicle Stability Control and side front and rear airbags. I love the safety features.

It rides comfortably, has much more cargo space than my Jeep Liberty did, more torque than my SUV and a great sound system, too. Smooth ride, more cargo space than my Jeep Liberty did, has more torque than my SUV and has a great sound system, too. Lots of compartments and storage places. Mileage!

The only two things I would change about my Prius are: 1) the interior color. It's way too light and shows a lot of dirt. 2) The mileage is actually about 45, not the 60 they sticker says. Since the windshield is so big, I'd recommend getting a custom sunshield. Expensive but worth it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review