I got what I expected - a GOOD thing
By Mark on
2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've owned the vehicle for a month. I have been averaging 47 MPG in winter driving. It has started in the morning with no problem even at 20 below F. I switched to winter tires, all seasons are iffy but the car does very well with winter tires. I'm 6'4 and its a little snug, I keep hitting the CVT stick with my knee when I get in the car! The seats are not so comfortable but its fine for the kind of driving I do. Handling is secure and not very exciting. The wind throws the car around on the highway. Don't expect the thrill of a life when you drive it.. its a boring ride but gets you where you want to go without worries and pretty inexpensively.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage is great. Perfect car for bringing the kids around to all their in town events, winter starting, quiet ride. Great stereo. Lots of cubbies for storage. My expectation is that it will be a reliable car that I can keep for many years. I feel good about helping the environment.
Suggested Improvements
Its really really boring to drive, everything for CVT to handling. Better seating position would be appreciated, improve mileage for the first 5 to 10 minutes in cold weather driving. Very hard to see out the back when driving in reverse. Get rid of the beeping sound when in reverse