Bonnie's Lean, Green, Clean Machine!
By Bonnie C on
2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love my lean, green, clean machine so much that I racked on over 64,000 miles in 3 yrs. I live in ski resort mountains and travel with my 5 person family. I really put this car to the test! I usually get 45 mpg in the winter, 50 in spring/fall, and 55-65 all summer. These numbers are a packed car (500+ lbs of psgrs) and mountain travel. The numbers depend on the driver. If my lead-footed husband takes my car, he only gets 42-45 mpg. The only problem that I had in 3 yrs is that the gas door started to stick, but my husband lubricated it and bent something and it is fixed. Gas prices being what they are, my Prius literally makes its own loan pmt in gas savings each mo! What a pleasure!
Favorite Features
Eco friendly, high mpg, cool style, awesome technology, comfort, great drive, storage, good use of space, many cupholders, nice sound system, easy to drive/park, fits any spot, adjusts driving to driver, dependable, super fuel efficient, makes its own loan pymt in fuel savings-free!! Will buy again!
Suggested Improvements
Fix gas door issue. A darker interior color, my family stains the light tan color easily, though it does come clean with stain remover. A little more head room in the rear, my son is 6 ft, and on a really bumpy road, he will bump his head on the roof of the car.