Used 2005 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (609 reviews )

I love my Prius
By TeresaP

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove a Tahoe before purchasing my prius. At the recommendations of my father I looked at the prius & ended up ordering one. My Tahoe sold to the first person that looked at it which put me in a bind for transportation when I still had 2 months to go before it was to come in - it ended up coming in sooner and it has amazed me how much I like my prius - even more now that gas locally has risen to $2.69/gallon. I admit I miss my Tahoe but I don't miss close to $80/week in gas to get to work. The prius is a definate learning experience in changing the way you drive. The more miles I drive the better gas mileage I seem to get. I love my prius + savings on gas and state/fed taxes!!!

Keyless entry & driving - it has spoiled me to be able to walk up to my vehicle & start it without a key. I have the worst time driving any other vehicle when I have to use a key !!

Steering wheel needs to be a telescoping steering wheel-I hate to sit close but on longer trip it is not comfortable to drive with arm totally extended. Vent for the batteries on passenger side back seat needs moved-on long trips children use pillows to lean on & they cannot cover this vent.

Prius Fan
By Jay

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The world looks a lot greener at 50 mpg! I'm averaging about 49 through my first 5000 miles. As others have commented, this car changes your driving habits; after watching the Prius information display for a while, you could probably learn to get better mileage from any car. (Most revealing to me is the realization that mileage is always lowest when the engine is cold. Link your trips!) But there's more to the Prius than great mileage. It's stylish, roomy, and comfortable; it performs well; and it's lots of fun to drive.

Great mileage; smart key system; information display; electronic stability control (hope I never need it, but great to have it).

Something isn't quite right ergonomically for a tall driver (I'm 6'-3"). There's plenty of leg room and head room, but I wish the steering wheel were a little more adjustable. The top of the windshield is low; I find myself hunching over to see stoplights. Sightlines to the rear are not great.

I love my Prius!
By Gayle

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Besides being a clean air car and fuel efficient, I got what I think of as luxury features such as bluetooth technology and a navigation system at a modest price. I love the keyless entry and the fact that I don't even have to put my key in the ignition to drive the car. The milege is great as gas prices keep rising.

Great Car!
By Kristin

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car, nice to drive and makes the gas pump less painful.

Super navigation system and voice activated systems. Keyless entry and start are great.

Better quality interior fabric which seems to be showing some wear with two dogs and an 8 year old.

2005 Prius
By sean

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius only seven months after buying a Dodge Dakota. The cost of gas was almost equal to my monthly truck payment. Although you donít usually get quite what the sticker says the fuel economy is absolutely phenomenal. It truly is the car of the future! It is impossible to fully understand how impressive this car can be until you drive it. It has great safety features and is very convenient with the available smart key and GPS navigation system. I love my car and it was the best car I have ever bought.

Smart key and GPS Nav system.

More leg room.