Used 2005 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Prius

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (607 reviews )

I love my Prius!
By Gayle

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Besides being a clean air car and fuel efficient, I got what I think of as luxury features such as bluetooth technology and a navigation system at a modest price. I love the keyless entry and the fact that I don't even have to put my key in the ignition to drive the car. The milege is great as gas prices keep rising.

Great Car!
By Kristin

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car, nice to drive and makes the gas pump less painful.

Favorite Features

Super navigation system and voice activated systems. Keyless entry and start are great.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior fabric which seems to be showing some wear with two dogs and an 8 year old.

2005 Prius
By sean

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius only seven months after buying a Dodge Dakota. The cost of gas was almost equal to my monthly truck payment. Although you donít usually get quite what the sticker says the fuel economy is absolutely phenomenal. It truly is the car of the future! It is impossible to fully understand how impressive this car can be until you drive it. It has great safety features and is very convenient with the available smart key and GPS navigation system. I love my car and it was the best car I have ever bought.

Favorite Features

Smart key and GPS Nav system.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room.

05 Prius
By Harry Erickson

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is a blast to drive its like something out of a science fiction magazine, power everything,with over 7 controls right on the steering wheels you never have to look any further, and whats really surprising is the how quick this car is everybody asks me this question, and the 50 MPG plus is great, plus the resale value of these cars is great,how can you loose out and have this much fun.

Favorite Features

The touch screen in the center of the dash controls the whole car,with the navagation screen you can find anyplace in an instance,it shows you a flow chart on how all of the power whether its electric or gas is applied an instantly shows all averages of mileage

Suggested Improvements

Some features do not work while the car is moving, but should be on so the passenger could use them,need to have an electric over ride switch installed like the Japanese models have, lets you stay on electric more, also need bigger battery packs and the option of letting you plug it in at night, 110 plugs

Better Than Advertised
By Recent Owner

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius has been even better than expected. It has the gas mileage but it also has a great ride, better than the Civic, which I love. It is extremely comfortable and very roomy. The quality and innovations make this car a lot of fun to drive. The space age display that informs you of your immediate miles per gallon etc. brings out the competitive spirit in you to achieve even greater accomplishments in fuel ecconomy. This leads to safer driving etc. The car would be excellent without the gas mileage benefit. You certainly have enough pep when you need it. Reports indicate the gas mileage is less than the EPA numbers. However, so far I'm getting 56 total mile per gallon.

Favorite Features

As noted, the disply which informs you of the immdiate changes in miles per gallon quickly educates you as to the best way to drive in order to take advantage of the electric engine and maximize your miles per gallon. "Keyless" entry is very cool. When in reverse beeping sound. 56 miles per gal.

Suggested Improvements

100 miles per gallon.