2005 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews 60

2005 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (607 reviews )
satisfied prius owner
By pbj on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

roomier than last years model.led readout screen is larger and easier to read.gear shift is out of the way and easy to operate .rear backup buzzer is annoying. climate control a plus over last years model,easy to operate. sound system is upgraded also.

Original Prius
By PEAJEAN on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned a 2001 Prius and have loved my car since November of 2000. Had to select the hatchback, but it is the original sedan. Presently showing 52 MPG on it's computer screen. The Zapper loves warm weather, and the lowest is winter mileage about 39MPG. Initial problems all under warranty. Why pay twice as much per gallon and arrive at the same place at the same time as another sedan? Tax credit the first year, and gas economy ever since. Have taken it to Detroit and into the hills of Tennessee. No problems with hills, and turns on a dime.Take four more, three more with comfort. Watch for ZAP GAS in Columbus, Ohio, driven by a retired school teacher lady.

buy it now
By sternmeister on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

interior seat is worst problem. set too high and not enuff support for back

sad
By Fayjie on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Toyota took something that actually works. and made it ugly,in my oppinion. I am certain they did not intend to but the appearence remains that in an attempt to make something look air dynamic they put a point on the hood, nose, of the vehicle that just as well might be a mustashe on the Mona Lisa.It really was not needed.

First Hybrid
By Flint on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius for environmental reasons and have been very pleasantly surprised to find out that she is a VERY responsive/fun car to drive and also has great carrying capacity for her size due to the 5-door fold-down seat configuration. My complaints are minor - the most significant being that there is too much on the steering column "sticks" and that the wheel sometimes blocks them and second,I have yet to find a good use for the console - I guess I need to expand my CD collection. Everyone asks me about her. By the way, I got mine while Julia Roberts was still waiting - unfortunately she was not open to deals. BUY ONE!

Happy witn Prius
By Robert Sherman on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with the Prius. I'm a big guy and find it very comfortable. Generally getting about 49-50 MPG. Now have about 7000 miles on the car. Have found NO problems or defects. Ride is a bit harsh but one would expect that in a small car. Also, it gets pushed around a bit by the wind. Preformance is very good. Continuous diplay of MPG probably helps me achieve better fuel economy.

I love the Prius!!!
By dyfulofscbg on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

this car is so fun to drive. Very comfortable!

I like it
By James W. on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

first week we drove 2129 miles on 46 gals reg gas.all around adverage is 44 miles per gallon

6' 3" Prius Fan
By Paralaxed on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car makes all others obsolete. My girlfriend and I bought it since we have two homes 100 miles apart, Fuel cost is really not an issue for us but it just seemed so wasteful. We were sooo surprised at how much we LOVE the Prius!! It's a blast and we have some other high end cars but we always drive the Prius. Pros: Fun, fuel economy, space and style. Cons: Rear spoiler blocks view

04 Prius
By 20127 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Perrrrrfect The best car to own must have navigation truly the car of tommorrow today