2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (607 reviews )
This car works for a living.
By John L on 12/27/07 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Other than standard maintenance, this car has had zero problems. Performance is considerably better than expected in all categories.

Prius to go
By benjamin franco on 11/15/07 08:18 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

bought used w/22,000 miles, satisfied w/performance even on steep inclines contrary to expectations of sceptical friends. Like all the built in maintanance features: oil, brakes, etc.

Prius saved me $8,000 in gas
By Prius on 11/07/07 10:12 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Prius was in a national survey during the first 40,000 miles averaging 50.9 mpg. I've had over 12 new vehicles from different brands and this one the best besides saving over $8,000 so far. Toyota got it right. Only repair has been oil changes and running great. My next vehicle will be the next generation Prius at 80-100 mpg. My wife and I though that gas was high ($1.69/gallon) when we bought this car. We really look smart now with gas over $3.25. They are working on the next generation Prius and I can not wait to purchase the next one. Out of my last 12 new vehicles this ranks A +++.

Our Best Car Ever
By VegasPrius on 11/04/07 21:57 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We did a lot of research before deciding on the Prius. Now we never look back. We steadily average 46 MPG. We are not disappointed that it doesn't get the 60 mpg as rated since we know the old rating system is inaccurate, but still, 46 mpg is pretty damn awesome! Great, smooth ride. Very roomy interior and still room for cargo. We got package 6 with the nav system which is great. Driving the Prius has become a game to get best mileage and has now taught me how to get better mileage in my Expedition. I'm now just waiting to replace the Expedition with a big SUV hybrid such as Yukon or Escalade. We plan on getting the plug in Prius in 2009.

No complaints
By Daisy on 10/18/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very impressed with the Prius. It is sooo quiet and runs so smoothly. The gas mileage is exactly what I expected. I average between 50 & 55 MPG. Those individual who claim that it gets less may have other contributing factors, such as hills, more freeway driving or a "heavy foot". My husband gets less MPG but that is because he drives it harder than I do. The seats are very comfortable and it is suprisingly spacious. The GPS is outdated right now, but that it because GPS units have to be manually updated. The dealerships have a CD that can update the car.

Couldn't be more satisfied
By Frugal on 09/20/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Incredibly, the Prius was a replacement for a Mitsubishi Evo 8 that I had grown tired of. I have now owned the Prius for almost three years and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

More than expected
By b_miller on 09/20/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was expecting great gas mileage, I was expecting legendary Toyota quality. I was not expecting the power that this sub 100 horsepower engine put out. Very quick acceleration considering it has something like 73 HP. Very good cargo space, seats folding flat is a great plus as well. Car drives very smooth, and handling is responsive. Car seems to have a very light but noticable shift/transition from electric power to gas. Overall a great car, I would rate a 8.5 out of 10. Gas mileage is amazing and get up and go is more than adequate. Would recommend.

Best Car Evar
By jimintampa on 09/01/07 08:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive a lot - bimonthly trips from Florida to Arkansas, a lot in Florida, it's simply the best car I ever had (and I've had a lot of cars). Best part is the way it teaches the driver.

Efficiency all the way!
By Airplane Pilot on 08/06/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive this car and it is always a pleasure to not have to stop for gas hardly ever. This car gets superb gas mileage, and although I do not think it is quite as good as the EPA suggests, it is still higher than ever! It is a slow accelerator, but the brakes work pretty well. I would rather have a leather interior and this does not have it. The seats are fairly comfortable, leg room is solid, but they could be better if they were soft leather. Dont spill anything on the seats, because you will have a heck of a time trying to get the stains out. The car turns well and is a solid performer in all areas, and it is oh so quiet. Luv efficiency and the cool little high-tech look!

GREAT CAR
By Kathryn Brown on 07/03/07 04:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing and I will never not own another hybrid again! I am thrilled with the gas mileage, which has been 51-52 mpg average. I couldn't be happier.