Love my Prius
By kpd651 on
2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)
Economical, practical, fun and, of course, reliable. Mine is the 2004 and the first of the second generation Prius. Had one computer recall and a tail-light issue done as a compliment of the Toyota dealership. I did not have any problem with either recall notice. In my opinion, this Prius is excellent, except, for two areas. It needs more seat support. It could use more thigh and lumbar adjustment(s). The one other area would be a light shield or visor type design over the center monitor.
Favorite Features
Mileage, I get 36 to 44 in the WI. winters and 50 to 65 in the WI summer. With an overall average of 50/gal. Hard to beat that! The versatality of the Prius is great. From the flexible cargo useage to the many unique storage areas, this Prius excels in engineering design.
Suggested Improvements
The driver's seat needs more thigh and lumbar support. The cental monitor is subject to poor visibility with direct sunlight and needs a visor or shield for better viewing. Especially since its design is so functionally depentant for operations of the vehicle.