2004 Toyota Prius 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Car Of The Future Today

2004 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Car Of The Future Today
By railroadjames on

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm an old pro with my '04 Prius and think it worth mentioning that, with 4 plus yrs under my belt, I can best serve others by telling an experienced well learned opinion of this phenomenal hybrid car. Mileage is excellent ranging from a low of 42-44 wintertime and 47-53 summers. Flexibility with fold-down seats is a blessing. Roominess front & back. Very good quality & dependability. Toyota has achieved a mark of excellence that I never b/4 have seen. I literally am amazed by the tranny, brakes that seem to last forever. Overall look of the Prius: beautiful (must be or Toyota would have revamped it by '08 and yet it still looks the same as my '04.)

Favorite Features

Std sound system very good. Fit & finish great. Steering wheel controls handy. 546 miles on one tank. Winters are easy to drive thru snow. Really is a great car out of 50 cars owned.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior upholstry. Smartkey should be std. Option of "plug-in" for charging. A sunroof would be nice. Simply put... great hybrid car!