Used 2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (435 reviews )

Love my 2004 Pirus
By Bcordon

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2004 Prius is the best car I have ever owned. I have save so much money on gas it's ridiculous. The car handles pretty good untill you lose a bit of traction. However I wouldn't have any other car.

Favorite Features

I love the gas mileage and the nav.

Suggested Improvements

Allow nav use while driving, while enclosing a warning about dangers of use and driving. Passengers can save you a lot of time while driving.

Perfect Car
By Wayne Brown

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have over 148,000 miles now and haven't had a single problem with the car except the MFD which was covered under warranty. The front brakes pads look extremely healthy still although the back brake shoes will likely need replacement within the next 30,000 miles. Easily, very easily, the best car I have ever owned; I have never been happier with any car and I have had more than 20 in my 40 years of driving!

Favorite Features

I love the navigation, the fuel efficiency, the quiet ride, the bluetooth phone and the incredible quality which Toyota has put into this automobile.

Suggested Improvements

The car is already a dream but I think a factory PHEV version with say even 10 miles of pure EV capability would be like having access to a piece of heaven.

Love It
By jor

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Can't understand people complaining about mileage, I've NEVER gotten under 48 mpg and average 52-60! Roomy, even rear seat is comfortable. It's not as comfortable as my Lexus, but then there's a big difference in $$$. No complaints at all about handling: solid, takes hills well, very peppy, have to watch speed on interstate or I'll be doing 80 without realizing it. I laugh all the way to the gas pump these days!

Favorite Features

Overall modern appearance. Touch screen. Roomy interior great for shopping.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic seats.

Awesome
By HECTOR GARCES

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I really love our 2004 Prius. Toyota Prius is the best car I have ever owned, air conditioning runs on the battery which in turn is charged by driving and braking. Mileage has been consistent at 50 mpg. Plenty of room and storage. Excellent quality. Excellent handling. The quality of these cars is impressive by itself, but the clean emissions make it outstanding. Great car! Highly recommended. Nothing bad to say. Good performance, lots of torque going up hills

Favorite Features

Great MPG... 52 average. Florida 95 degrees and my air conditioning runs on the battery in the traffic light. Amazing! Result: 0 gas emissions. Clean emissions!

Love my Prius
By schatziq

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is more powerful than you might think. I got two speeding tickets my first couple of months owning this car because you can be going 90 miles an hour and it is as quiet and stable as when you are going 35. Great visibility in it- no blind spots and the interior is very functional. Love my Prius!!

Suggested Improvements

Provide a DVD when buying it to show you how to use all the gizmos. I still haven't learned how to use my Bluetooth and speaker commands from my steering wheel.