Used 2004 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (435 reviews )

2004 Prius
By Richard Campbell

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

All I need to say is test drive one, that is all it took for me. Luckly I ordered mine before the real hit took place, I only had to wait two months for delivery. We drove the car from Washington state to California and only stopped for gas once. It went through the Siskiyou mountain range as if it were flat, plenty of power and handled the curves with ease. The car gets an A+ from me!

We got the GPS system, fun to play with but not that necessary. The keyless entry and keyless start is probably the best idea to date.

The back seat headroom is not that good for a 6 foot tall person so have the tall people sit in front. Road noise is there so I just turn up the radio a bit. All in all it is a great car.

Prius - the only car to buy
By paccpa2830

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car handles the freeway, city and everything in between with ease - a great car.

Fuel mileage, ease of service.

Bigger tires

The best car I ever had.
By Patrik Fanning

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't own a Prius! I'm a big guy...and my previous vehicle was a Grand Cheerokee, the Prius has more leg room in the back set with the front seats pushed back than the Jeep. If I could get in and out easily then that was just one more plus. I drive in city traffic the most and my mileage is about 35mpg with start and stop traffic on the road I get up to 48mpg. In the past I haven't been a crusader on gas and emission issues, I am now and proud. The price rocks too. It's excellent...age is 52.

The smooth ride, quietness and feeling of security. It has a very small turning range and that's good.

Option to turn off the running lights and/or a light sentinal sensor as a purchase option.

We love our HIS AND HER TOY
By Kay Aprill

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I both own a 2004 toyota prius. HIS TOY AND HER TOY both get top ratings from us. We love being GREEN and we love the quiet ride. We both are on the road daily and he is getting 54 miles and I am getting around 50. The secret is to go 55 on highway and drive like a grandma in town!

SYNERGY

More sporty look but like the aerodynamic look too.

Prius means
By edges

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought mine off the internet, sight unseen in September, 2003. Why? Look at the thing, it looks like the future! There are some laws that autos have to obey: the law of aerodynamics is expressed in drag coefficience, and Prius has the lowest of ANY production automobile. That means air slips around the car, even the fully covered undercarriage, and provides less drag= better gas mileage. There is alot of talk about hybrid gas/electric autos coming along this summer in SUV's. Yeah, but unless/until they reshape the vehicle and reduce the weight, they will never match the Prius for working WITH the laws of physics.

You start by pressing the start button and I got the keyless entry system and it's a blast to open the car door and drive away without taking anyhing out of your pocket or purse.

Only one: when the door is opened in the rain, the water from the roof drips on the front seats. The Prius needs a rain gutter. Oh, yeah, it could come in other colors. I chose silver and all the ads show silver, becasue that's the best color for the Prius.