2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (435 reviews )
Prius 2004, one month
By geo241 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Prius rides well on the highway, and in town is totally fun just trying to coax out more time/distance on the electric motor system. The electronics are like Disneyland, and the GPS system is wonderful compared to a number of aftermarket, pocket pc level, alternatives I have tried. We are waiting to activate a Bluetooth phone so we can take advantage of that feature as well. The first two tanks of gas have averaged over 48 mpg in mixed driving.

New to prius
By bill blackwell on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the car since 11/5/03, so far 430 miles. Mileage not what I had hoped, first tank must not have been full. Still learning how to get the most from this car. I am looking forward to taking a trip in this car.

Eat My Voltage
By beant on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fantastic car to own and drive! You can't beat the fuel economy (I've been averaging 52 mpg with an even split between highway and around town driving) It is easy to operate. I highly recommend the "Smart Entry" option.

PraisesForPrius
By PraisesForPrius on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have never been so excited about an automobile!!! This is the best thought- out, well designed, technically advanced automobile available today. It is underpriced for everything you get standard, particularly for such a techno complete auto; more gadgets and screen displays to keep any Star Trek fan thinking they're in their own star- ship, and with an industry low .26 coefficient of friction, it almost IS as slick as a star-ship! Otherwise, just don't tell anyone it's an economy car, they'll never know!

GOOD
By hnh on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

GAS IS REAL GOOD

Smartest car
By Marianne C. on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

The smart entry is fabulous- no more digging in my purse to find my keys- car starts without it in hand.Acceleration is superior to my 01 model.

Pleasant Surprise
By funpilot on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is a very pleasant surprise....it actually gets the mileage it is suppose to, drives wonderfully well, and appears to be of great quality. On my first fillup, I calculated my average mpg to be 56. When it runs only on the battery (less than 32 mph), you get almost unlimited mpg at least until the engine kicks in to recharge the battery. I usually am bored with cars....this one is a keeper.

JUST ONE THING
By carol barrier on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Everything you all say about this auto is right on, except one thing. You have overlooked one small detail. I live in snow country, guess what? I found out it is exactly 4.9 inches off the ground, and you might as well plan on keeping it in the garage in the winter time here. Otherewise it is just wonderful. THANK GOD my Toyota dealer is understanding, I now drive another Toyota product and am now happy once again.

simply the best
By car tester on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

amazing; smooth, powerful, esp going up hill; build quality superior,perfect seats great vision even in back.Navigation system is futuristic.Info screenshows hybrid working, and exact mpg& drive reminds me of bmw3 series, not quite as sharp, but close!

Wow Toyota
By Poli20 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wow This car is asome and good.