2004 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (434 reviews )
Eat My Voltage
By beant on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fantastic car to own and drive! You can't beat the fuel economy (I've been averaging 52 mpg with an even split between highway and around town driving) It is easy to operate. I highly recommend the "Smart Entry" option.

New to prius
By bill blackwell on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the car since 11/5/03, so far 430 miles. Mileage not what I had hoped, first tank must not have been full. Still learning how to get the most from this car. I am looking forward to taking a trip in this car.

PraisesForPrius
By PraisesForPrius on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have never been so excited about an automobile!!! This is the best thought- out, well designed, technically advanced automobile available today. It is underpriced for everything you get standard, particularly for such a techno complete auto; more gadgets and screen displays to keep any Star Trek fan thinking they're in their own star- ship, and with an industry low .26 coefficient of friction, it almost IS as slick as a star-ship! Otherwise, just don't tell anyone it's an economy car, they'll never know!

GOOD
By hnh on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

GAS IS REAL GOOD

Smartest car
By Marianne C. on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

The smart entry is fabulous- no more digging in my purse to find my keys- car starts without it in hand.Acceleration is superior to my 01 model.

JUST ONE THING
By carol barrier on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Everything you all say about this auto is right on, except one thing. You have overlooked one small detail. I live in snow country, guess what? I found out it is exactly 4.9 inches off the ground, and you might as well plan on keeping it in the garage in the winter time here. Otherewise it is just wonderful. THANK GOD my Toyota dealer is understanding, I now drive another Toyota product and am now happy once again.

Pleasant Surprise
By funpilot on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is a very pleasant surprise....it actually gets the mileage it is suppose to, drives wonderfully well, and appears to be of great quality. On my first fillup, I calculated my average mpg to be 56. When it runs only on the battery (less than 32 mph), you get almost unlimited mpg at least until the engine kicks in to recharge the battery. I usually am bored with cars....this one is a keeper.

simply the best
By car tester on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

amazing; smooth, powerful, esp going up hill; build quality superior,perfect seats great vision even in back.Navigation system is futuristic.Info screenshows hybrid working, and exact mpg& drive reminds me of bmw3 series, not quite as sharp, but close!

Wow Toyota
By Poli20 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wow This car is asome and good.

04 Prius
By jvwright on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was surprised at the power the Prius had when I needed to pass someone on the highway. I made a number of passes on a curvy two lane highway with no problems. My gas mileage is around 47 mpg, which is good, but less than I expected. The new Prius is fun to drive and attracts a lot of people with questions about its performance.