2004 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (435 reviews )
04 Prius-Great Car but could be Better
By Raines1 on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2004 Toyota Prius is a pleasure to drive, it turns heads & begs for people to ask questions & to look inside. But a few caveats. 1st-The cruise control is attached to the steering wheel (not the column). I can't find it when turning a corner. 2nd-We have both hit the drive control knob by accident and shifted into dynamic braking mode (doesn't hurt the car but I wonder about the car suddenly slowing while going 70 mph with a semi on your tail). 3rd - With light rain/Freezing temps, the gas access door froze shut & no way to easily open it. I hit the access door to free it then used a ball-point pen to wedge it open. It's not really winter yet!!!

One for the 2004 Prius
By manyminkes on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

For anyone out there considering one, I spoke to friends who have earlier models and of all of them I have only received the most glowing recommendations - they LOVE their cars. And this is before Toyota added all the fun, handy , and helpful bells and whistles. Really consider one if you can - test drive it definitely. And by the way, I ADORE it! I was telling a friend, that even if I had won the lottery and could pick any car, this is EXACTLY the car I would wish to own - very happy with it.

04 Prius
By vailitrev on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car is solid and fun to drive, the dash layout is great, suprisingly good power for entering the interstate or passing.

Number 1!
By nmpriusman on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

For the price,the Prius buyer gets the most value for almost any car sold. The build quality is outstanding; there is not a flaw on the vehicle. Aside from that, everyone wants to know what the car is and they want to drive it. I'm hoping to get a good 15- 20 years out of it. (No, the battery doesn't explode at 8 years or 100,000 miles because the warranty ends.) Like Toyota's chief Prius engineer said, "this is not just a great environmental car; this is great car, period."

prius number 1
By mahdnyw on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Pick-you my 2004 Prius from the dealer and headed for Harvard College,Ma. The Prius got good mileage first tank went 332 miles. The trip computer is a must get it talks to you and tell with to beeps to turn, a real life saver. After 8 hours on the trip the seats are still great. And very little road noise.

Prius is Great!
By TaureanJ on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

Never thought my visits to the gas station could be so few!

Fun to Drive-Planet Friendly
By Carole Schmitt on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is quality throughout and fun to drive. The base price is good and optional features are top notch. The milage is great and speed and pickup are good.

I own a Prius
By Joan of Arc on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own a Prius, and it works really well.

Prius review
By ShadowDog on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is the wave of the future. It is built solid, drives smoothly and I get outstanding mileage. I've never been happier with my purchase.

The only vurrent practical answer
By Len Budzen on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

While so many millions are spent on fuel cell developement, production is still many years away -- if at all! In the meantime our dependence on foreign oil and the polution problem continues. Toyota is to be commended for their progressive thinking and activities aimed at resolving this serious situation. The big three have their heads buried in the sand!!!