I Love My Prius
By jussmith on
2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have owned a Prius for 2 1/2 years. I love it. I have had no trouble with it. The only time it did not start the temperature was 40 below zero and I really don't think many cars were starting that night. I have had no problems with the car. I would probably get better milage if I lived in a city instead of the country. If I keep my speed to 50 miles/ hr or less i can get 52 miles/gal. But since I drive 40 miles a day to work one way and my speed is between 65 and 70 miles/ hr i"m getting about 45 miles/ gal. the car is wonderful the only thing I would change is that I really like a sun roof and this year did not have one.
Favorite Features
I love knowing what my miles/gal as I drive. I like knowing what is going on with the engine gas vs electric motor working. The seats are very comfortable. The inside of the car seems so much bigger than the size.
Suggested Improvements
Sun roof. Better tape deck. Allow the car to use more electric power and allow it to be plugged into home electricity to increase the miles/gal of full more. I'd even plug it into a solar panel energy sorce if there was a way to do it.