2003 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Can't Beat the Prius

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan - Consumer Review

Can't Beat the Prius
By Clogdancer on

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had my pristine 92 XLE Camry ripped off and totalled. I went to my dealership in search for a used Prius. They are rare. One pulled in: Emerald Gold flake. I could not believe our luck. It had every option. It looked new on the interior and exterior. It handles GREAT! Very small turning radius! Plenty of pep. This is not a whimpy Echo. Did you know that going from 30 to 60 MPH, the Prius can beat a Porche? The 2002 Prius is a tried and true design. The example I purchased is quieter than the top-of- the-line Camry XLE, or Avalon.

Tight and nimble handling. Sips gas. Comfortable seats. Larger than a Corolla. A Trunk It has torque to handle 4 grown adults w/no performance difference. Safe, reliable, handling like a sport car, nimble, sips gas when not using the batteries. 50-75 MPG on any day.

The seat needs an armrest for both the passenger and driver. A taller center console would be great. No other improvements.