2003 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (92 reviews )
great car
By nedlaw on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is fun, zippy, quiet, safe and comfortable, and you feel good about minimizing impact the environment, and minimizing our national dependence on oil!

My Prius
By cob111 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great gas mileage. Fun to drive. Feel like I contributing to reducing dependency on foreign oil by driving

Ken's Prius
By kennethj on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My car has lived up to my expectations. It has not given any problems for the 15000 miles that I have had it. It drives well, rides good, and is fun to drive.

Great little Car!
By gran1 on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only driven big vehicles and when we moved to the country, I had to re- think my gas mileage. I decided to "get as good as I could get" and that was a Prius. I hate little cars that make you feel like you're in a little car. This one doesn't!! It's great! Rides great and very comfortable! And will run like a scalded dog when I need the power to pass. I'm very pleased with this car. I still miss my 4Runner, but I love the mileage in my Prius!

WHAT A CAR
By MIKE G on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

IF YOU NEED A COMMUTER VEH AND WANT TO SAVE SOME MONEY THEN THIS IS THE VEHICLE FOR YOU. ITS A MINI LEXUS. CLIMATE CONTROL, QUIET, FUN, AND CAN CRUISE AT 75. THERE IS JUST SO MUCH THAT YOU CANT SEE ON THE FIRST DRIVE. I STEADILY GET 47 MPG HWY AND CITY. I GO ALL WEEK WITH OUT FILLING UP. THE BACK SEAT CAN SEAT ADULTS AND BE COMFORTABLE. TRUNK IS LARGE. AND THIS CAR IS QUIET.I LOVE THIS CAR, I AM A BIG CAR GUY, BUT THIS FITS THE BILL FOR WORKING, I TRAVLE 30K MILES A YEAR AND NO PROBLEMS

What a great car
By PriusONE on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was a little hesitant to buy before the technology was proven, but once I drove the Prius I was sold. Its a great little car that feel much bigger when your driving. I live in the city and the turning radius to grab a parking spot is amazing.

Prius 2002 model
By MSDickerson on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great quality - great sound system with CD player option-Super quiet to listen to great sounds - Phenominal gas mileage - excellent acceleration - good pulling ability (small trailer - not recommended though). Cannot do much better.

ching ching!
By kramerica on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hey, it's all about the money, admit it! This is my first car and it'll be hard to top this. I wanted a great ride with some great mileage. I purchased my silver prius in july and have gotten a lot of oohs and ahhs. More importantly, I've gained a couple things. One, incredible gas mileage in a brand I've come to respect. Two, how much I really drive and my driving style. Those two have resulted in better mileage, savings in money, and a more comfortable ride. In general, a great car for a first time buyer. And if that ain't enuff, it's super clean and you get a tax break, unbelievable!

surprise!
By bruce bagnell on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

driving the Prius is a surprise. It handles very well, turns on a dime, gets great gas mileage without being tied to an extension cord, has many luxury vehicle features, and lots of power. Toyota did not scimp on this one!

wouldn't drive any other car.
By Jerry22 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love it, it's a hybrid that I can live with. It's easy on the road, and easy on the enviroment. It's a car for the future. It's a car for the now. It shames the Suv's, even though the people in them don't know it.