2003 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (92 reviews )
Love passing gas stations
By Rcruser on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After purchasing my Prius, I took a trip through the Rocky Mountains. I would have never believed that I could pass a truck going up a mountain and increase speed from 60 to 80 mph so quickly. The Prius is super efficient but you have to know how to drive it. You learn when to coast and brake. By watching the fuel consumption monitor you are constantly reminded of your driving habits. Comfortable, zippy, and passes gas stations with a smile. I do get 50+ mpg in country driving and city.

prius
By pivocome on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

excellent gas mileage and a very smooth ride. excellent interior and extreamly low emissions. I love this car. it rewards all of the proper driving techniques that everyone should follow. slow starts and slow stops, perfect.

A Terrific, Fun, and Responsible Car
By mgenito on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my new Prius over 5,000 miles and have loved every minute of it. It is a terrific answer to those seeking to drive a more environmentally responsible car, without sacrificing the look, feel, and maintenance of a more traditionally powered car. It not only significantly reduces air and water pollution, but noise pollution as well wehn it slips into electric mode.

The best little car
By KevinP on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven everything from VW beetles to Lincoln Towncars to 24 foot trucks and this car is the best in quality and fun I've ever seen. Don't be put off by the "new" technology. It's proven itself. I've had mine since 9/02 and have nearly 9000 miles without a hitch. There's more room inside than my Infiniti I30 for a lot less money. The navigation system is great and accurate, worth every penny. Test drive a Prius and see.

Prius 2002
By Ralf2002 on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius treats you to a very high quality vehicle with great comfort and safety for a compact car. The ride is surprisingly quiet! After 3500 miles driven I have achieved 40 mpg plus in Pittsburgh's hilly terrain.

Totaled my '02; immediately bght an '03
By CWH on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most comfortable car that I have ever owned. 660 miles in one day and felt better than 400 in my Mercury Sable. Exceeds every expectation that I had. SAFE. In a near headon it acted just like a race car; ie. passenger cage was solid and the rest of the car absorbed impact energy. Air bags deployed and I walked away UNHURT.

Amazing
By Pegwukguy on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have driven Volvos for over 20 years and I was VERY hesitant about "downsizing" to a less than luxury car. But SURPRISE! This ain't no tin box. It has everything I could possibly want - love the sound system and the technie dashboard and flat panel displays. Great stuff. Handling is superb. Plenty zippy. Had to crank it up to 87 at one point because of traffic flow - no problemmo - pulled like a thoroughbred. Good stuff

Meryl Streep is right!
By donallen on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Meryl Streep (who owns a one) asks "why doesn't everyone drive a Prius?" Toyota engineering brilliance has seen to it that there's no sacrifice to getting 50 mpg. This is a solid, comfortable, roomy, powerful, well-made sedan that delivers the mileage Toyota says it will.

Technology that works-and its fun
By rmstrauber on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Prius because I believe that it is the best technology available at this time to promote environmental resposnsibility and reduce our dependence on oil. The first 3000 miles included a 1000 mile trip to Fla. on interstates at 70 mph and 2000 miles of local driving in an urban setting. The car lives up to all expectations, it is comfortable and fun to drive.

The Greatest Car I have ever owned
By JoJa on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the car for its design, economy, enviromental concerns, and comfort. Out on the road, it is great. I am old enough to have had many cars, and this is my very favorite.