2003 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (92 reviews )
Great car
By wcroninger on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've been 101% happy with this vehicle. Gas mileage is somewhat better than claimed. We have a 45 mile total daily commute at speeds 55-60mph. Sufficient umph for turnpike driving and sufficient pickup once you get used to the idea that you have to use the accelerator alittle harder than usual to bring the electric motor online. All around great car.

Great car
By Daniel McCoy on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been a great car for commuting 44 miles round trip to work; but I was surprised that it performed so well on trips to the mountains and up and down the west coast. Amazingly roomy for such a small car. I have no qualms recommending this car to anyone.

The ride you love to talk about.
By GNiessen on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the Prius. On the occasions when I drive it to work I pickup passengers at the Park-n-ride to be able to take the HOV. I end up getting asked all about the Prius about 75% of the time. Even when one or both passenger have already ridden with me before, they have more questions. And everyone remember I am the one with the Hybrid.

Average 50 MPG
By Eric Behrens on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius is very efficient, but you have to know how to drive it. You learn when to coast and brake. By watching the fuel consumption monitor you are constantly reminded of your driving habits.Excellent gas mileage and a very smooth ride.

Bumping In The Prius
By Bankrup''''' on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love it. Getting a Black Prius was the best decision I've ever made!!!

Need one
By Mike F. on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My girlfriend has a Prius and i love to drive the car. Not that great if u like to go 0-60 in 6sec. but otherwise the the car is perfect. Who REALLY needs to drive a 6 ton SUV with 300hp, anyway? The speed limit is only 65 and unless u are driving 200miles away going faster doesn't get u to the mall much faster anyway. My only gripe is that altho i want to buy one for myself i can't because it costs 20grand +tax+insuranse costs. How the hell is a college student (with out the assistance of Mommy and Daddy like most rich brats) supposed to get a new one?! I'm soooo jealous, i steal my girlfriends car all the time,lol.

The future of all cars
By NMpriusman on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius has done nothing, but lived up to every expectation I had, and even surpassed them. It is a fine machine, worth the small extra cost, and its a wonder that more people don't drive them. I achieve 55 mpg in the city, and 43 on the highway. The trunk is a little small, but can carry all of the recycleables. All my friends think its an awesome car, so do I. The CVT transmission is seamless, and the interior is beatiful. I will only buy hybrids from now on until, there are no- gas cars. Absolutely a dream.

PRIUS
By BSDROWN on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

WONDERFUL CAR AVERAGING 49.9 MPG LAST MONTH

Great Car
By Vetteman_LT4 on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius has been a great car for the last two years I have owned it. My car is a 2001 and has around 50,000 miles. I have owned many cars such as Jaguars, Corvettes, Cadillacs. This is one very unique car. I bought the car new and have never had a problem. It is a great running car. No one believes me when I said I have had it up to 100mph just to see if it would do it.

Prius in the northland
By rhubarp on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wish all cars were made with this technology. Excellent design and quality for the price.