2003 Toyota Prius Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (92 reviews )
Biggest, Cheapest, Efficient Car Yet!
By clunyusa on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

All around the Prius wins! A small footprint on the environment coupled with performance, interior room, including high seats and head room.

Car of the Future is here
By xkater on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius is amazing. It uses the best combination of engine, electric motor and battery to propell the itself. It recovers energy during braking and it minimizes engine use while stopped. I average 45 mi/gallon in the city and about 50 miles per gallon while traveling long distances. It is gentler to the environment and to my pocket.

love it in a way
By frank60446 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

car is great except the promise gas mileage 38 mpg is not 45 and i was told they going to lower there rating every time i take a small trip to the store the mileage drops and when i am on the highway the milage drops i cant kept going 45 mph all the time which is about where i get the best mileage i am having a problem with the sterring wheel shaking when i first start it up problem is service department dont believe me

Love this car!
By barryaz1 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Prius because I'm an environmentalist. I drive it because it really is a very enjoyable little car to drive in the city. I've always had Hondas and I appreciate the tight, precise handling. The Prius is even a little better than our Honda Accord in that regard -- driving is almost effortless. The steering is very smooth. The ride is quiet. The driver's seat is positioned well and is quite comfortable. And of course, it helps when you can feel a little bit of pride in what you drive. If you support American energy independence and clean air, you should be in one of these.

Fight High Co$t of Fuel
By Flyingwest on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My doctor convinced me to purchase a Prius. He had 55,000 miles on his 2000 Prius and found it to be extremely reliable. It was enough for a doctor's needs. I had researched the Prius on the internet looking for fault. I found none important. I have a ball each time I drive. I am a commercial pilot.

Fuel-efficient fun
By KevB on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

High tech features make this fuel-efficient vehicle a bit quirkie, but it's a gas to drive. It's all Toyota, so quality is built in.

Toyota Prius for 6'3'' Male Usage
By M. Connor on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I moved from the Philadelphia area to rural northern Berks to enjoy the green beauty. We have recycled and buy electricity from Green Mountain Electric that operates the Wind Generation Plant in central PA. This car is the answer to our prayers for an ecologically sensible and user friendly car. At 46 to 50 miles per gallon it is a joy to operate. My wife ran out of gas last week and drove to the gas station using the battery, no other can can do that. It has great pickup and high speed driving response and very short turning radius. Great car and is comfortable for my family of five.

Clean Green Lean Machine
By Brad Munger on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent energy efficieny and "super ultra-low emissions car. Pushing 50 mpg actual, this is a smartly engineered, high quality vehicle, with excellent safety features. Well laid-out spacious interior for a compact vehicle, sits four adults comfortably, with adequate trunk space. Safety features ABS, DRL, front- and side-airbags. Adequate power and speed (does 85 mph without problems) with aceptable--but not performace-- handling. Great car for in-town or road trips. Mileage superiority really shines in town.

BEST OF ALL
By jsmjr on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this car since October 2002 and drive about 15,000 miles a year. On average I get around 45 miles to the gallon, and would be getting more if I didn't live in a hilly community. Can't say enough about this car. I have owned many new cars in my lifetime, and this care is fantastic.

Beat Expectations
By TheWanderer on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a Prius ever since I heard they were coming to America. Recently purchased 2003 and it turned out better than I had hoped. I love this car. Totally impressed me in the Rockies where I thought I would be having to used the slow lane for the uphill runs. Nope, I ended up passing nearly every SUV around! Going down was a breeze too. Got awesome gas mileage in the mountains and that was a huge surpise.