2003 Toyota Prius Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (92 reviews )
Love the Prius
By thyde on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a Ford Expedition getting 11 mpg to the Prius and am saving over $100/mo in gas. Pickup is surprising (it's no sports car, but for what it is, it moves better than you might imagine.) Has excellent standard features and the Toyota reliability.

Excellent: SAME AS 2001
By Jimjohn on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

dealer gets confused with reaction of braking when checking and keeps replacing the front rotors for free! Convinced they were fine. Great service and courtesy

Better than Advertised
By prius driver on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius is dead-on reliable. It has been my every day driver for two full years now and it has averaged about 51 miles per gallon. It does inspire me to try to squeeze every extra mile I can out of each tank of gas, but when I need to be in a hurry it rises to the occation for that, too, while still getting excellent economy.

Great car
By FarmerSteve on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The gas mileage is great - 44 mpg overall, including 60-70% freeway at 70 mph. Penalty if over 70 mph. More like 50 mpg at 50 mph on secondary roads. Quiet at any speed, and quietest at traffic lights. Great sound system (partly because of the quiet ride). Other than great mileage, this car is simply fun and easy to drive. Visibility is tremendous, easy and responsive steering, very nimble and easily parked. Great for short errands OR long trips - you just arrive refreshed, which cannot be said for many other vehicles.

worth the wait
By garmar73 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I researched the Prius for two years before I bought one. The machine is, I feel, very sound from an engineering point of view and assembled in such a manner that I have not had to return to the dealership for necessary warrenty work, as I have had to with other new cars that I have purchased. I would not drive anything else.

Our Prius
By eheading on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius feels like a bigger car than it is in ride and quietness. We find it enjoyable to drive with more pep than we expected.

Great buy: Great ride: Great savings
By Bill Tarbell on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Cd\radio\ audio tape sound system is excellent. 4 dual sized cups good, convenient O my gosh handles over each door. The warranty and tax deductions, the almost total emissions control, the support for my bad back, all are TERRIFIC! The glove compartment and trunk are larger than one would expect from exterior view. Great car for short\long trips in comfort, convenience, and cost effectiveness. Speedy rascal. Four doors make for easy access. Recliner seats are too good!THE MILEAGE OF 46 IS FOR INNER CITY: WE GET 58 OR BETTER ON THE HIGHWAY OFTEN, SOMETIMES MUCH BETTER. If I weren't otherwise employed, I'd be a salesperson for the Prius.

Great car
By mejulia on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my little car. It is perfect for all the work related driving I do. Most of my driving is on city streets but my Prius is perfect for the few freeway trips I make. Others are always surprised at how comfortable and quiet it is.

I'm A Believer
By James C. Harris on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and need maximum fuel economy for our 70 mile round trip daily comute. Our new Prius started with approximately 46 mpg. After the break in at 20000 miles, we are now experiencing 50+ mpg on our daily comute. We are strong believers in the hybrid design. Our driving habits now are geared to maximizing our fuel economy.

Vesten reviews the 03 Prius
By Vesten on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Prius Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun, different, and exciting. It is fun getting into a car that told you how your fuel economy was doing as you are driving and how the power is being used with a visual display. It is very different sitting at a stop and feeling the engine just turn off and realizing the car is still running. It is exciting to see how far you can go on a tank of regular gas and challenge yourself to see what your best milage can be.