Great Car
By Annette on
2002 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I LOVE MY PRIUS and brag about it frequently to others. I bought it new and now have 81,000 miles on it. It still runs perfectly. The gas mileage is not as high as was advertised, but I still get 41 mpg even when running the ac or defrost. I was nervous about the reliability of the Hybrid System but I've had no battery problems. At 70k miles, Toyota replaced the computer chip (warranty) as I had a "Start Failure" warning light. It seems to have fixed the problem. Others comments are true re: wind resistance, poor tires, turning radius excellent for parallel parking, and computer screen making my foot lighter...
Favorite Features
Quiet ride. Turning radius. Touch screen for radio. MPG. Acceleration and power on hills. Overall petite size. Great trunk space. Massive interior room: big enough for me, my 2 teens, and our 120# dog... all at the same time!
Suggested Improvements
Not sure if these were improved for the new models but... 1) Gear Shift. 2) Fold down rear seats would be nice to extend trunk for long items. 3) Fuel gauge should change color (or alarm) when too low. I ran out 3 times in the first year! I DON'T LIKE THE HATCHBACK, EITHER!