Fun Car!!
By v4rider on
2002 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We are the second owners of this car. I am a former auto tech and not really sure about performance or reliability with this car, but after test driving and now owning the car for awhile I am impressed with the overall value and driving experience. It has been well engineered and has many extras that are usually expensive options on other cars. Smooth acceleration and gear changes. I have had many friends and co-workers ask about the car and I tell them if anything ever happened to it I would buy another without hesitation. I am really impressed with 45 MPG's WHILE OPERATING the A/C! I live in NM and that is a plus.
Favorite Features
Smooth operation of the driveline especially on acceleration. Computer controls that perform reliably. Lots of high tech functions that work. Supreme engineering. Lots of room for my family of 4 for a subcompact, even on trips with luggage. Great mileage with the A/C on. RELIABILITY.
Suggested Improvements
Thicker windshield glass, had some dings that starred from what I thought were minor pings. Slightly more trunk space. Adjustable lumbar support. Complete side impact air bags. Higher ground clearance. DO NOT LIKE THE NEW HATCHBACK.