2002 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Fun Car!!

2002 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Fun Car!!
By v4rider on

2002 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are the second owners of this car. I am a former auto tech and not really sure about performance or reliability with this car, but after test driving and now owning the car for awhile I am impressed with the overall value and driving experience. It has been well engineered and has many extras that are usually expensive options on other cars. Smooth acceleration and gear changes. I have had many friends and co-workers ask about the car and I tell them if anything ever happened to it I would buy another without hesitation. I am really impressed with 45 MPG's WHILE OPERATING the A/C! I live in NM and that is a plus.

Smooth operation of the driveline especially on acceleration. Computer controls that perform reliably. Lots of high tech functions that work. Supreme engineering. Lots of room for my family of 4 for a subcompact, even on trips with luggage. Great mileage with the A/C on. RELIABILITY.

Thicker windshield glass, had some dings that starred from what I thought were minor pings. Slightly more trunk space. Adjustable lumbar support. Complete side impact air bags. Higher ground clearance. DO NOT LIKE THE NEW HATCHBACK.