2001 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: I love it, very dependable

2001 Toyota Prius Sedan - Consumer Review

I love it, very dependable
By Ttommmeee on

2001 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 147,000 miles on mine and am very happy. On trips we get 43mpg and often average 40 and up to 65 according to the road and traffic. Driving a whole day without filling up is also fun. It is EXTREMELY quiet, I didn't like the 4 cylinder vibration at idle on the other cars, there is none on this one. All issues were covered by the warranty, the gas tank, computer systems and steering were replaced under warranty (even after it was expired). I never replaced the fuel rheostat and it somehow fixed itself. Oil just never gets dirty. 7500 miles + works fine for me. I always take it to the dealer. Maintenance is less than any other car I have owned. It is just KOOL!!

Miles Per Gallon, fun to drive, long time between fill ups, I have driven it at 90+mph in Montana (legal) and it still did 40 mpg. Different tires make it like a sports car but still inflate them to 44 psi. 60K miles on the last set, 20K on the original set.

The gas tank gauge, which is not very accurate. I drive 300-400 miles max, the gauge level is very poor at lower fill up levels so I just fill it at by 330 miles (usually 7 or 8 gallons so I am safe). Original tires are terrible so I use others. The big battery is starting to show its age too.