2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Sound Value
By Dennis Rybarczyk

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Four 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Was thinking about buying a replacement car. Tried this and almost bought it, but decided to wait a bit longer.

Enjoying our new Prius V
By Eugene Tozzi

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Four 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We love it. Two notes: (1) Note that this is a station wagon and has a higher and somewhat more bulky profile than the traditional sleek Prius. However, it is quite roomy, and the cargo area will hold a lot of stuff and some big and bulky items. (2) If you have driven earlier small wagons (we have had a 1996 Corolla wagon and a 2000 Saturn LW wagon, you will find much more of a blind spot created on the passenger side by the rear hatch frame. The back panel windows (to the sides of the cargo area) are much smaller than the typical back panel windows on our earlier wagons. We need to compensate by paying greater attention to the passenger side mirror in order to see that blind spot. That said, we are really enjoying our first Prius. We are learning from the instrumentation how to drive more economically. On very short trips, under 2 miles, you do not reach the 40+mpg range. However, if you go 10 miles, whether in suburban traffic with lights or on the open road you get 40 and better. The price of $26,759 was the dealer price before adding sales tax.

Big fan!
By Barbara

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I was 18 my favorite car was a new SS 396 Chevelle. Now that I'm 66 THIS is my favorite. Model 5 is pricey but I wanted the safety features and panoramic roof, not so much the Entune App Suite. The Prius V interior is a high step up from the basic Prius and not offensive to my passengers who own a luxury vehicle. During the positive test drive I took a model 3 over well known hazardous streets with stop and go driving. It never occurred to me to turn on the sound system until I was driving my own purchase home a week later, no complaints. I too didn't feel competent with the rear camera until I had a trusting friend stand behind the car. I stopped and parked once the red line was on top of her feet. The owner's manual states the red line is 1.5 ft. but seeing is believing. MPG increases to high 40s with mixed driving using premium grade gas, non-aggressive driving in ECO mode and no AC. The dash indicator for MPG is about 1-2 mi. higher than actual arithmetic at the pump. Comes with several detailed easy to understand manuals. No experience with ice/snow/mud. Got Toyota mud guards and after market floor liners; also dealer door edge guards and rear bumper applique, no complaints. Use padding in the cargo area, hard surfaces like seat backs scratch easily. Would like the telescoping steering wheel to extend further; good for small drivers. Tall passengers make positive comments about height and leg room, especially while using the sliding and reclining back seat. No extra-large passenger yet. Trade in and cash rebate helped; sales tax and admin fees didn't.

My New Love
By Laurel Bowden

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! It is so comfortable and has almost everything going for it. I love the general comfort, the feel of the car when driving, the super adjustments of the front seat and the technology. The adaptive cruise control was definitely worth the extra money for the top model. I wish there was back vents for the air conditioning. One dealer told me the vents under the front seats were for back air conditioning but this is not true.

love my priusV!
By peter santos

2016 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You might need extra instruction on what all the information on the metrics screen mean and how to best use the information.