2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Review: 6 months and still loving it

2013 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota Prius v

Five Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

6 months and still loving it
By run4jc58 on

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Understand - I am a 56 year old man with a wife of 25 years and 2 grown kids.
I am not 'green'...not wasteful, but not 'green.' I don't haul kids, but I do haul 'stuff' sometimes!
I've yet to need to haul anything (Home Depot, etc.) that this Prius wouldn't haul.
I traded a beautiful, fully loaded 2012 Tacoma - 4 door, 4WD, TRD Sport Edition (17 MPG) - on this Prius.
Why?
Fuel economy, and I love gadgets.
This car is my "fun to drive gadget."
Yes, I called it "fun to drive."
Why?
Because I enjoy trying to squeeze the most fuel economy out of that I can, and I'm getting a 'real' 42 mpg - calculated manually (trip computer says 44-46 usually.)
And it's a Toyota - amazing quality.

Ability to swallow large amounts of cargo. 42 MPG mixed highway and city. Comfortable for my 6'4" 230 pound frame. Plenty of room for passengers, yet small and easy to park. Quiet for such small car, and has a decent ride. My wife has a Camry Hybrid that has much more pep, but this little Prius V actually has MORE usable room than the Camry and gets an extra 4-6 MPG over the Camry Hybrid. I love the displays, too.

I wish that it had the full information array that comes on the Prius and Prius C without Navigation. I love gadgets - include all of the information that hyper milers love to have!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review