Prius V lives up to expectations
By bc158 on
2013 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
After 2500 miles, MPG is averaging 43+. Car is roomy, surprisingly comfortable and even has enough power to not be a problem. When the power button is pressed between 35 and 65 the performance is surprisingly good. So far no issues at all just pleasant motoring - even from a person who prefers the European/German type ride and handling.
Favorite Features
comfort of seats, adequate dashboard(s) info. to keep one interested, and decent air conditioning and heating. ( just went from Winter to spring to an occasional high 60/low 70's day. Use of the shifter next to steering wheel takes a little getting used to but is convenient. Car is fairly quiet for a station wagon type build and has proven comfortable for long trips.
Suggested Improvements
add a few more electronics as std...... example: reading manual is confusing because the difference in electronics use is not differentiated between models 2 - 5. Why are Toyota Dealer accessories nearly twice the cost of very similar options from after market.
By gardendog
on 07/14/13 20:59 PM (PDT)

We purchase a Prius V in May and it is to live for! There are a lot of comments about being plain but I find the car to have great acceleration, excellent comfort and tremendous fuel economy. The car has given me 40-43 MPG every fill-up. The cargo space is excellent and even when loaded down the acceleration is still good to excellent. I have owned 48 new cars and 36 used cars over the last 45 years and the Prius V is as good as many of them. Everyone comments about how quiet the car is and they are impressed with the mileage I have received. You can call me very happy!!!