Don't Pity Me
By aom1 on
2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I am one of the few, I imagine, that went from a German built VW Golf (not TDI) to a Prius V. Why on earth would someone do that? I wanted to get out of the lease game, and purchase. VW has great driving cars and great lease deals, but I wanted to eventually not have car payments. That said, I am thrilled with the Prius V. Don't be influenced by reviews that say it has no power. Plenty of power especially in power mode. I only use power mode in heavy traffic and I have to make a quick maneuver. I had to use the sport mode on the Golf for that anyway. This car is very comfortable, great lumbar support in the driver's seat. Gobs of cargo room and the ride is firm but not jerky at all
Favorite Features
Interior storage space, Comfortable driver's seat with power lumbar and elevated SUV like driving position. Excellent visibility. Plenty of cargo space. Sliding rear seat. Keyless ignition. Entune/Nav works well for me. Of course, the gas mileage. With 3000 miles I am averaging 43.5 with very normal driving, 70-75 on freeway. Got across California Grapevine effortlessly. Even at trim 3 the stereo system sounds very good. Ride feels solid, steady and not jerky. Tight turning circle for maneuverability. 0% interest for 60 months.
Suggested Improvements
No car is perfect. Arm rests could be an inch higher for taller people. Engine noise when pushed is quite loud! Wind noise is constant on freeway, but not worse than Rav4 (which my wife drives). Steering is rather light weighted. Hybrid system takes a little getting used to. If you are making a very quick left turn from a stop light, better have the Power button pressed to get a fast acceleration. No lumbar support in passenger seat.