Used 2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Bought to drive to Alaska
By Don Scholl

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a two seater sports car but wanted to drive to Alaska and camp on the way. This Prius V offered great cargo space and 44 mpg. When the cost of gas is as much as $7.60 a gallon in Canada, 44 mpg is great! The down side to this car is the ride which is uncomfortable and road noise. My Prius has every option but a sun roof but the interior is still all plastic. The reliability is fabulous. I have 66,000 miles on my 3 year old car and have only had to change oil every 10k using synthetic.

By Kendra

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a comfortable, reliable car that is great on gas with awesome storage. Although I have always been very happy with it, I didn't fully understand just how amazing this car was until a few days ago. I was driving straight on a highway when I was unexpectedly T-boned by another vehicle who hit me head on. My driver's side door took the brunt of the impact. The Prius-v handled beautifully! It tipped, but did not roll and re-righted. The curtain and side door airbags deployed. The seat belt worked and held me tightly in place without hurting me. The seats were soft and amazing and limited neck and back movement. Except for a few minor cuts from broken glass, I virtually walked away unscathed. The car did exactly what it was supposed to do and for that, I am truly grateful! This is an incredibly safe vehicle!

Great car for our family
By RickH86

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The good - great mileage (we are above the city rating in mixed driving), comfortable car, lots of cargo space; we can travel with a large dog kennel and luggage or I can carry an adult bicycle with the back seats down without removing the front wheel.
The not so good - mileage very dependent on driving style, mileage drops significantly at interstate speeds; engine is noisy under load
The little things - rear window wiper doesn't hinge away from the window, and that combined with rear spoiler make the rear window hard to clean; navigation (no tech package) overestimates time to arrival, also states your destination is ahead xx yards on left or right, but often you still have a turn to make, so unless you look at the screen, you miss the turn;
Improvements - navigation as noted, air vent for back seats would be nice, outlet for back seat passengers would be helpful

Updates - combined mileage is now right in the EPA estimates; colder weather has a detrimental effect on mileage; still like all of the qualities that made us want to buy it.

Happy we purchased the PriusV
By Guinn Doyle

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We chose a 2013 PriusV over the Ford C-max. Purchased in March of 2014 and have taken two trips to northern Minn and one to Fla. Very comfortable to drive, climate control works well. Great dealer experience so far. It does ride a little stiff and as our first hybrid it has taken some getting use to but have no compliants about freeway driving, just plan ahead.

prius V level five
By serejka4992

2013 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Really good car have 10600 on it so far had first oil change my mg for far 39 in average.

fuel economy, roomy, headlight very bright

can lock car while running, why do i have spray wash for headlight, will not work with my windows phone.