2013 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:
Prius V three - 2013
By rzca on 01/13/13 07:30 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our Chevy just used too much gas so we traded for a Prius V. Since we already own a hybrid we were not surprised or troubled by some of the things people mention here regarding acceleration, etc. We have found the fit and finish of the car to be excellent - the materials are what we would expect in a vehicle that was designed to maximize fuel economy. Everything works beautifully from the Nav to the radio - it is simple, intuitive and well designed. I am 6 feet tall and have no trouble being comfortable in the driver's, front passenger's or rear passenger's seats (which recline!). The cargo space is truly amazing - we love this car and recommend it highly!

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By giantsfan58 on 02/18/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a 2nd Gen. Prius for 6 years, I foolishly traded it in for a 2012 Kia Optima EX. After 11 months I came to my senses and traded that in for a 2013 Prius v. The v drives great, is comfortable and can haul a lot of cargo. I can't speak for the other models, but the 5 has everything I would ever want. They say MPG is 44 City and 40 Hwy, but I average 45-47 MPG per tank. You need to drive it a bit differently than a traditional gas engine car, but once you learn the technique it is easy to outpace their estimates. The sound system is fantastic and the bluetooth is crystal clear. The moon roof is a great feature. This vehicle has it all.

when in doubt, buy a toyota
By joe540ci on 11/20/12 12:02 PM (PST)

Love it.

first hybrid
By kittkatt23 on 05/07/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

bought this used, <7k in January. it a big improvment over my 08 Mazda 5. The rear room is the same, but the mpg is 2x of Mazda 5! i have hubby, a toddler and 2 mutts. all of us fit just fine. Hubby loves it. it has planty of room for him (6'2") the entune sys is good. i just wish it would remember the settings so that i don't have to press a dozen buttons just to get pandora to play. i avg out 42.4mpg (fuelly) my computer tells me its almost XX, but its alway -3 of what the computer says. not sure why. love the low maintenence vs Jetta's. just tire rotation and oil change. i'll be keeping this one for over 5 yrs for sure!

Our Third One
By twoofthem on 06/19/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our first Toyota was a 2nd gen. Prius. Got that one after an 03 Civic Hybrid that we gave to one of the kids. Then purchased a 2010 Prius 5 and gave 2nd gen to other kid. Now have 2013 V5 with ATP to go along with the 10. The 10 is superior to the 2nd gen, the 13 is superior to the 10. Mileage is running 44-47/mpg on eco. This is calculated, not by the gauge (which on the 13 has been very accurate). The ride is smooth, the steering is American but quite tolerable, after all it's a wagon. The radar assist on cruise is a useful feature. Space, including leg and headroom, is terrific. I am still amazed at the seamless transition between gas and electric motors. Adequate power. A remarkable car!

6 months and still loving it
By run4jc58 on 03/29/14 06:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Understand - I am a 56 year old man with a wife of 25 years and 2 grown kids. I am not 'green'...not wasteful, but not 'green.' I don't haul kids, but I do haul 'stuff' sometimes! I've yet to need to haul anything (Home Depot, etc.) that this Prius wouldn't haul. I traded a beautiful, fully loaded 2012 Tacoma - 4 door, 4WD, TRD Sport Edition (17 MPG) - on this Prius. Why? Fuel economy, and I love gadgets. This car is my "fun to drive gadget." Yes, I called it "fun to drive." Why? Because I enjoy trying to squeeze the most fuel economy out of that I can, and I'm getting a 'real' 42 mpg - calculated manually (trip computer says 44-46 usually.) And it's a Toyota - amazing quality.

Don't Pity Me
By aom1 on 08/04/13 17:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am one of the few, I imagine, that went from a German built VW Golf (not TDI) to a Prius V. Why on earth would someone do that? I wanted to get out of the lease game, and purchase. VW has great driving cars and great lease deals, but I wanted to eventually not have car payments. That said, I am thrilled with the Prius V. Don't be influenced by reviews that say it has no power. Plenty of power especially in power mode. I only use power mode in heavy traffic and I have to make a quick maneuver. I had to use the sport mode on the Golf for that anyway. This car is very comfortable, great lumbar support in the driver's seat. Gobs of cargo room and the ride is firm but not jerky at all

Prius V lives up to expectations
By bc158 on 04/09/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 2500 miles, MPG is averaging 43+. Car is roomy, surprisingly comfortable and even has enough power to not be a problem. When the power button is pressed between 35 and 65 the performance is surprisingly good. So far no issues at all just pleasant motoring - even from a person who prefers the European/German type ride and handling.

Great Family car except...
By txpriusvowner on 05/24/14 17:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great overall design and gas mileage for a family vehicle.

Awesome economical utility wagon
By strangefingers on 05/24/14 19:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So Prius v wagon or Jetta diesel wagon... though generally I much prefer Germanic driving dynamics, dollars and sense said same mileage with regular gas vs high cost of diesel fuel and likely lower maintenance costs. Thus the Prius. Handling was below par and crosswinds/truck buffeting was downright scary at times. Without going crazy, for less than $800 complete, a Cusco rear sway bar, Tanabe front and rear springs (10% +/- stiffer and less than an inch lower) with 7mm wheel spacers in front and 5 mm in the rear and the little golf cart that couldn't became the go cart that could! Stable at all speeds, cruising "sweet spot" on secondary roads and highway rose 10 mph comfortably. Awesome!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Prius v in VA is:

$146 per month*