Used 2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Prius V three - 2013
By rzca

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our Chevy just used too much gas so we traded for a Prius V.
Since we already own a hybrid we were not surprised or troubled by some of the things people mention here regarding acceleration, etc.
We have found the fit and finish of the car to be excellent - the materials are what we would expect in a vehicle that was designed to maximize fuel economy.
Everything works beautifully from the Nav to the radio - it is simple, intuitive and well designed.
I am 6 feet tall and have no trouble being comfortable in the driver's, front passenger's or rear passenger's seats (which recline!).
The cargo space is truly amazing - we love this car and recommend it highly!

Navigation; radio; AC; fuel economy (which at the moment is at 48.6 and that includes highway driving for a 35 mile stretch where we were doing about 75 MPH); crisp handling and a small turning radius; huge cargo space; extremely comfortable seats; wonderful storage space all around the car including under the back cargo mat; excellent driving position and visibility; Toyota fit and finish, which we find to be excellent and what we would expect in a car designed to attain extraordinary fuel efficiency; the way cool shift lever; and Entune.

Would have liked the auto headlights setting to be available on the middle model (the three) rather than only on the top model; would like to have a power lift gate but that isn't a big deal.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By giantsfan58

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a 2nd Gen. Prius for 6 years, I foolishly traded it in for a 2012 Kia Optima EX.
After 11 months I came to my senses and traded that in for a 2013 Prius v.
The v drives great, is comfortable and can haul a lot of cargo.
I can't speak for the other models, but the 5 has everything I would ever want.
They say MPG is 44 City and 40 Hwy, but I average 45-47 MPG per tank.
You need to drive it a bit differently than a traditional gas engine car, but once you learn the technique it is easy to outpace their estimates.
The sound system is fantastic and the bluetooth is crystal clear.
The moon roof is a great feature. This vehicle has it all.

MPG, comfortable seats, moon roof, cargo room, navigation system

Make self-park feature easier to use. Put seat heater switch in a more convenient location.

when in doubt, buy a toyota
By joe540ci

Love it.

dynamic cruise

don't need the auto park

first hybrid
By kittkatt23

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

bought this used, <7k in January.
it a big improvment over my 08 Mazda 5.
The rear room is the same, but the mpg is 2x of Mazda 5! i have hubby, a toddler and 2 mutts.
all of us fit just fine.
Hubby loves it.
it has planty of room for him (6'2") the entune sys is good.
i just wish it would remember the settings so that i don't have to press a dozen buttons just to get pandora to play.
i avg out 42.4mpg (fuelly)
my computer tells me its almost XX, but its alway -3 of what the computer says.
not sure why.
love the low maintenence vs Jetta's.
just tire rotation and oil change.
i'll be keeping this one for over 5 yrs for sure!

love the mpgs. the car entertainment display in nice. trim 3 has all the good stuff but not the extra fluff of the 5trim.

1. the entune system to be less driver driven and more auto. get in the car, sync, start last app (pandora, ihart) i hate getting in the car, and having to press half a dozen bottons to get pandora playing 2. the "soft" interior is a magnet for dog hair. i would love to see leather/plastic option instead. easier to clean 3. have a quick dim option for enterament display. at night, it can be strain on the eyes. pressing a dozen bottons isn't fun. 4. more hp/bigger engine (2.0 vs 1.8) it would be nice to have a better pick and and go when getting on on-ramps and such.

prius V level five
By serejka4992

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Really good car have 10600 on it so far had first oil change my mg for far 39 in average.

fuel economy, roomy, headlight very bright

can lock car while running, why do i have spray wash for headlight, will not work with my windows phone.