Thrilled!
By nannyk on
2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
First time Prius owner and have only had for a week. But husband and I could not be happier. Great handling and ride. Roomy with that rear wagon space. We loaded two grandkids in car seats and our labrador in the back- then went to Costco and all fit comfortably. The dash design feels just right. We got the v5 with the advanced tech package and have not been able to explore it adequately. But so far so good. The front and rear moonroof is a terrific feature especially living in the rainy/overcast Northwest. I'm giving up my most beloved MBZ SLK 350- it's painful but manageable adjusting to the great looks and ride of this car. I'll miss track days but oh well- getting too old for that anyway
Favorite Features
Advanced tech package, moonroof front and rear, large cargo space.
Suggested Improvements
Oh that headrest! There is nothing to be done- realize it's NHTSA mandated in all cars, but it's uncomfortable. Does not bother my husband but I hate it. Bought a wrap around collar (kind that works for sleeping in planes) and that seems to help significantly.
By lilmakwa
on 01/26/12 08:51 AM (PST)

Just a tip, try removing the head rest and flipping it around. It may help with the comfort issue. I hate the new headrests also. Hope it helps.

By utahmom
on 03/25/12 00:53 AM (PDT)

I'm going to buy a Prius V Five too. Trying to decide whether or not to get it with advanced technology package. 1. Would you please comment on what you like the most about the advanced technology package? I know that if you get it, you get the premium navigation system, which is easier to operate than the Entunes navigation system--better voice recognition, larger screen, etc. 2. Would you please comment on how hard it is to keep the moonroof clean? I have visions of hard water spots all over it from rain and/or snow? Also, concerned about if it will get scratches in it or if it will yellow with age possibly. I live in Utah--where we get snow and rain. 3. Also, would you please comment on whether the Soft-Tec interior breathes like leather or is as durable? Many thanks!

By utahmom
on 03/25/12 00:57 AM (PDT)

P.S. Does the heater get warm enough to keep the cabin and passengers warm enough? I'm used to German car heaters, and I haven't been able to get it warm enough in test drives. Wondering if it's the hybrid or the operator??? Many more thanks!