2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Review: Roomy, slightly under power

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Review

Roomy, slightly under power
By jimmybirdie on

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I sold my 2008 Prius and bought this. I have the car for three days now. The Prius V is very spacious inside. It just feel more solid, and safer in this car compared the 2008 Prius. A lot of well designed storage for your keys, phone and other gadgets. The ride is also more quiet and less bumpy. It floats a little bit but that is expected. The V groans going up hill but I has expected this with a heavier, and larger profile vehicle and the same regular Prius Engine. I wish they have put in a 2.2 Engine instead of 1.8. I have the package 3 and the Bluetooth, Navigation and Entune are nice to have. I though they could have made the screen slightly larger. For the first 300 miles I got 45mpg.

Entune, Bluetooth, trunk space, lean back backseats, storage space, many cup holders, high mpg

Increase Engine size to 2.2 (losing about 2 mpg is acceptable trade for a little more power, the 2012 Camry Hybrid with 2.5 Engine is much more powerful while still getting 41 mpg.)