2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Review: Right time, Right car

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Review

Right time, Right car
By richaardg on

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my Prius V for a month and have never got less than 46 mpg. Bring on the $4 + a gallon gas! At first I was reluctant to buy such a different type of vehicle, but this is turning out to be a great choice. There is far more interior room than it looks like it has from the outside. I love the upright seats and with the V the rear view is much easier to see out of than the original Prius. The backup camera is a great safety feature and has already saved me once.

Miles per gallon is at the top of my list. The seats with lumbar support are excellent. My wife loves the ivory interior and the quite ride. My dealer starts out at market value pricing and it took only 25 min to close the deal.

All vehicles should have automatic daylight running lights and Blind side detection. For me there is too much electronics, entune, phone, usb ports, satalight, etc drive up cost and are really unnecessary or available through other cheaper means. While I do like the GPS it needs a shade to block out direct sun light. Last, I do not understand why all SUVs do not have a fold forward passanger seat back to increase load capacity. This way a lamp or 2X4 would fit into the vehicle.