2012 Toyota Prius v 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - A review from Quebec...

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Review

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Two Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

A review from Quebec...
By sergag on

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First I apologize abouut my bad english. I have the basic canadian version, slightly different from your's. Already drove 4000 km (2500m.) with it, mostly on highway. Average mileage, cold temperature: 52.3miles/Imp. gallon (160oz.). Best mileage: 72.4 miles/imp. gallon (on 20 miles) Best electric autonomy: 3.4 km. (2.1miles). Better than what figure in owner manual.

Favorite Features

Overall, that's the best car I had. Great fuel economy, good handling, a lot of equipment, very comfortable and large cargo space. It's funny to drive, trying to gett the best from the gas tank all the time.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is noisy when U climb a hill, could be improved. Like all Toyota, it's affected by lateral winds. For our cold climate, Toyota should add a warm reserve, as the engine start only to warm up or warm the car. I would rather pay more and get a bigger battery. This model is ready for 7 seats version. Cargo space couls be improved on 5 seats version. Computer's averages (on tank, trips, etc.) not accurate. Only makes an average of many readings. Back up camerand audio system are so so.