New v Wagon Owner
By rlrass on
2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Have now been driving the wagon for 3 weeks. I have the Five Model. Interior- Better looking than reviews describe. Despite reviews the plastic looks nice and the seats are leather looking Sof-Tex and very nice looking. Exterior: Good finish, a trim option would be nice but have dealer added pin strips that make look snappier. Has spare tire Performance: Engine is snappier than expected. Some engine whine getting on turnpike entrance ramps but not noisier than Ford Fusion/Mazda 3 but not as quick. Road noise quietier than Mazda 3/Elantra & equal to Ford Fusion. More legroom than Mazda/Ford esp. for passenger (center console on Ford Fusion/Mazda is annoying). Overall great experience
Favorite Features
The Navigation system and panorama roof are really great. Upgraded JBL sound system is good and better than standard. Controls are pretty intuitive. The back seat folding much better than Ford Fusion (where you have to take the headrests off to fold unless the front seats are pretty forward). Back window view is good (better than Mazda/Fusion) and not impaired by head rests. Sit up higher than other cars (except SUVs) so driver view is good. Like backup camera.
Suggested Improvements
Drivers seat needs to allow for more adjustments. A driver side power seat adjust would be preferred. Passenger front seat also spartan on ability to adjust. Ford Fusion has side mirror with section that is better at covering blind spots. Prius v does not but I have not notice too many blind spots. Understand the aerodynamics of the exterior but no trim is pretty spartan.
By utahmom
on 03/25/12 00:31 AM (PDT)

Thank you for your review. I am planning to buy a Prius V 5, but I haven't made up my mind on whether or not I'm going to get the advanced technology package. I have a very knowledgeable salesman who told me that if you buy the Prius V five that you get the premium navigation system, which is so much easier to operate than the Entunes navigation system. I am wondering about two things: 1. If the heater really warms the car up adequately, or if you have to use the heated seats to get warm? (I'm used to German car heaters, which I love because I live in Utah.) Not sure if it's the thermostat control or just me, but in test drives, I have to crank the thermostat all the way up to get warm. Wondering if this is just a hybrid thing...or an operator thing? : ) 2. Do you like the Entunes navigation system? Is it user friendly? I'm trying to decide if it's worth all the extra money for the advanced technology package to get the nicer navigation system, which is very user friendly. Thanks again for your input!

By rlrass
on 11/12/11 18:44 PM (PST)

Update, In above review, I was comparing to Ford FOCUS not Fusion.