2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Review: Navigation system

2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Review

Navigation system
By eglideman on

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It was my understanding that Toyota had made changes to the Nav system so it was more user friendly. I'm fairly good with gps systems but the voice activation on the Prius V 5 is pretty bad. I even called the dealer to help me and he couldn't help until he talked to his tech on Monday. The vehicle is amazing in every way except that. Up to now I haven't been able to find a forum or site that helps in that area.

Have a 2007 and traded in a 2005. The V drives and feels like a larger more substantial vehicle. Quiet, comfortable and great electronics except the voice activation on the gps. The 17 wheels make a huge difference. So far the mpg is lower than expected but I'm sure it will improve.

Nav system is not user friendly, needs to be improved.
By jay1486
on 05/28/12 22:19 PM (PDT)

I noticed on my V, if you speak loud, the voice activation does not work correctly. When I speak in a normal voice, it's 100% accurate. Try it.

By reverberocket
on 05/01/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the review. Could you elaborate on the difference(s) between the 17 inch and smaller wheels? (i.e. ride, noise, handling, mpg, etc.)