Love this... wagon/suv/car... kind of a mix
By katd529 on
2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love this auto, it handles well, its well designed inside and out. The only thing I don't like are the cloth seats which are being replaced with leather. (This was part of the package we hagled over.) The dealership was wonderful! At any giving time 4 or 5 people would ask if we needed any thing or did we have any questions even after we were working with a sales rep. (Ask for Brian in the sales department at the Round Rock,Tx dealership), this young man has been very attentive to any question we had and if he didn't know the answer he found out. Even on a Sunday when the dealership was closed he returned a text message to answer my question. This was after the sale was done.
Favorite Features
I love the mapping system which shows where you are driving. You can see streets that you are coming up to, if you need to turn around safely. (It shows your vehicle moving on the map.) The stereo sound is also very good. I also like that it shows you the out side temp. and in side temp.
Suggested Improvements
The cloth seats are a bummer. I will be getting leather seats in few days, sooo glad I won't be stuck with the cloth.
By snowlion
on 10/01/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

My wife and I are interested in the 2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT). What is the best price quoted by dealers or even bought around Bay Area, CA. Your input will be greatly appreciated, which will help us decided to start our negotiations.

By katd529
on 10/02/12 10:44 AM (PDT)

Snowlion, I purchased mine in Texas but check out several dealers if possible near where you are because there can be as much as 2,000 diff. for same veh. equip the same way. Also let them know what the other dealerships are offering you, they will want to out do the others. I also got the extended warranty, gap ins. and leather seats added to my car at their expense. Just nego. for what you want. They may not give it but you won't know if you don't ask for it. Bottom line they want to sell you a car... we took a 200 mil. road trip and were very impressed with how little fuel we used. I think in the long run well save alot.

By snowlion
on 10/03/12 22:16 PM (PDT)

We got a quote from one dealer for $ 25,500.00 including destination and regional ad fee, I have to add Tax, Lic and doc fee to it. Is this a good price.