Highly recommend to city dwellers
By 123224 on
2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I almost opted for the hatchback because the V MPG rating is not as good, and I could get 0% financing. So glad I went for it because driving to/from work (17 mi each way) in Houston rush hour traffic, I'm averaging around 50 mpg! The temp has been in the 60-70's, so have been using the ac. When it gets colder, the mpg might not be as good, since the engine will have to run more to keep me warm. I have a Five w/out Advanced Tech Package. I love everything about it, except so far, I can't get Entunes to work--have an I-phone. Not a big deal, except I hate not being able to use something I paid for. I chose the Five because I did not want cloth seats. So far, I'm pleased.
Favorite Features
MPG, keyless, voice activated hands-free bluetooth phone, built-in navigation system, automatic on/off lights, back up camera.
Suggested Improvements
Entune needs to work with I-phone.
By 123224
on 02/14/12 13:02 PM (PST)

A couple more Pros I forgot: I sit up higher in driver's seat than in hatchback, so it feels more like an SUV. And it feels much roomier than the hatchback.

By ltdo
on 04/14/12 05:52 AM (PDT)

Thanks for your driving experiences feed back. I also considered the level 5 of this vehicle. How is the handling and ride with the 17" wheel ?

By 123224
on 02/26/12 06:00 AM (PST)

Made a 3-hr trip driving between 60-75mph. Averaged 38 mpg. I know it was the 70-75 mph that put me below the 40 mpg highway average, but I wanted to see what the damage would be driving the speed limit when over 65 mph. I was driving toward the Texas Hill Country, so did have to drive over a few small hills. Never felt the need to get out of eco mode, but I'm sure that affected my mpg also.