EXCELLENT Fuel Mileage
By gregff on
2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I drive 55 miles one way to work. 5 days a week. I bought the car Oct 19th 2013 and as of 3/15/13 have over 15000 miles. Most of the driving is up and down hills, none are big but all are long grades. About 10 miles is flat. I am averaging 40-41MPG. Ride is excellent road noise is not a problem. Only Complaint I have is the Rear speakers do not have any volume. Dealer has looked at it and says ALL Prius V have the same issue, no fix.
Favorite Features
Im 6'5" tall and the ride is comfortable. Have to do a little Grab and Slide to get in and out, but nothing I can't live with. I drive with the ECO button in all the time, rarely us the power button. Calculating on paper not the on board computer I am getting and HONEST 40-41. I did make one trip to East Texas down I-30 and got 46 MPG. Love sitting in Traffic now with the engine OFF. Not using that liquid gold. Takes some getting use to the engine starting and stopping on its own. I have a 2003 Toy Tundra with over 300,000 and The Other car guys will have a VERY HARD time ever getting me back.
Suggested Improvements
The Drink holder in the console needs to be just a little larger in diameter so an insert could be put in. "STUFF", such as condinsation off drink glasses gets into the bottom and at times it is hard to remove. Need a fix the Rear Speakers so they have some volume. The GPS is a little outdated as far as navigation goes. I still use an old Garman in town. The Toyotya GPS is fine for open highway driving. But it will test you in city driving. Overall I will buy another when I wear this one out, if I can!