2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:
Excellent!!! Love It!!!
By satishw on 03/14/12 12:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Smooth Drive, no noise, good mileage ( 45m/g on avg in winter )(50m/g on hot days). Lot of room inside, smooth transition between electric and gas engine. USB option, Aux option, bluetooth option, cd option. Huge trunk space. Basically I loved the car very much.

Escalade to Prius V
By pirate131 on 03/02/12 08:02 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up the new car yesterday. So far very pleased. We got the Five with the advanced tech. package, remote start, floor mats, etc. However, this is a big change for me. My Escalade had a 6.0 litre engine with 375 hp. It will take time to adapt to the hybrid. But it won't take any time at all to get used to better fuel economy. Comparatively speaking, I'm going to enjoy stopping for gas. The new car is great, fun to drive and handles very well. Iphone tied right into the car. Still need to set up entune. I'll update this review in 30 days.

I-Phone / Entunes Update
By 123224 on 02/28/12 18:56 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Could never get my I-phone to connect with Entunes. Found out that you have to "hard-wire"your I-Phone to your car using your USB cord. Now works like a charm. YAY!

Great Mileage
By sidelinedude on 02/26/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car because we are downsizing in our lives. Went from a Silverado HD pickup getting 16 mpg to the Prius V to get the great mileage & have some room for hauling stuff. It fits the bill on both counts. Currently averaging 45 mpg & have gotten as high as 54 mpg. Pretty good ride for a small car. The fit & finish are excellent as is expected from Toyota. I would sacrifice a couple of mpg's for electric adjustable seats & a more adjustable steering wheel. Toyota really dropped the ball on driver comfort with the V. Would also like to be able to adjust the Smart Key locking features without having to take it to the dealer. Overall, the car has met our expectations.

Highly recommend to city dwellers
By 123224 on 02/04/12 08:02 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I almost opted for the hatchback because the V MPG rating is not as good, and I could get 0% financing. So glad I went for it because driving to/from work (17 mi each way) in Houston rush hour traffic, I'm averaging around 50 mpg! The temp has been in the 60-70's, so have been using the ac. When it gets colder, the mpg might not be as good, since the engine will have to run more to keep me warm. I have a Five w/out Advanced Tech Package. I love everything about it, except so far, I can't get Entunes to work--have an I-phone. Not a big deal, except I hate not being able to use something I paid for. I chose the Five because I did not want cloth seats. So far, I'm pleased.

Extremely Happy
By dhandds on 01/14/12 07:25 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hesitated initially because my 2005 Prius' seats were uncomfortable due to lack of lumbar support; I sold it after driving for a year at loss. Fortunately, every v comes with a power lumbar support and as such the seat is very comfortable. I purchased one in black with a package V. The synthetic leather fits and supports my body better than cloth. Also, it handles better with 17 in. wheels, granted it is not a sports car. LED headlights give a bright view at night. It is quiet and smooth on the freeway. It is also very spacious! I brought a Q size memory foam mattress(FOLDED) from Ikea in v with my wife! I have gotten 43MPG in mixed driving of 1,000 miles so far.

Great hybrid
By tobdog on 12/17/11 17:11 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First time hybrid owner. Traded a v6 turbo Audi so of course a bit slower but expected. Fun to drive with hybrid feature and great electronics. Kids love the computer display and system. Couple of drawbacks include lack of leather as an option on the v five. Interior is a bit "plastic". Other concern is we are only averaging about 31 mpg after first 60 miles. Hope it improves.

A review from Quebec...
By sergag on 12/15/11 09:55 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First I apologize abouut my bad english. I have the basic canadian version, slightly different from your's. Already drove 4000 km (2500m.) with it, mostly on highway. Average mileage, cold temperature: 52.3miles/Imp. gallon (160oz.). Best mileage: 72.4 miles/imp. gallon (on 20 miles) Best electric autonomy: 3.4 km. (2.1miles). Better than what figure in owner manual.

Great car
By mchalmers on 12/13/11 08:20 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drives better than expected. Lots of room, smooth transition between electric and gas engine. Kids love the tech features. Coming from an Audi A6 and thought it would be painful but not as difficult as expected as you feel great with a hybrid. the only downside is that with 200 miles on the car the MPG reported from car is 33.8 and I hope this increases as the car gets broken in

First Day - Driving in downtown LA
By la_bob on 12/09/11 21:20 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Day 1 - So far so good... We traded in a Suzuki XL7 for this car. Prius V not as quick, but... that is a given. The prius V rides smooth, and has fewer blind spots. I'm comfortable, my kids like the way the back seats lean back. I will keep ya'all posted over the next few days/weeks/months. So far I'm happy :-)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Prius v Wagon in VA is:

$124 per month*