2012 Toyota Prius v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:
So Far 42MPG
By yaakov653 on 05/08/12 10:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just bought our 2012 Prius V-five a week ago. So far 3/4 of a gas tank remaining from the dealer, with about 200 miles on the odometer. We're averaging 42MPG. This car is training me how to maximize fuel economy. Toyota made a very smart move producing a Prius wagon. Plenty of room and rides much better than my 2005 Honda CRV trade in.

Good, not great; I can live with it for next 5 years
By lucky57 on 05/08/12 01:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded a 2006 Prius after 150,000mi. The V , level 3 drives like any Prius. Already gone 8,000 miles. Gets you there but not exciting. Handling safe but uninspired. A 21st century minivan/wagon. Quieter and much more comfortable than my old one. Improved driver seat. Surprising hauling capacity and greatly improved rear visibility. MPG is 44 no matter how driven. The extra length make it harder to park in tight spots. It is almost as long as my other car, a Camry. Feels safer than old Prius, airbags everywhere. The extra size makes a great difference in long drive comfort. Some tech issues with nav/entune. Gas prices need to stay high to justify the price and bland driving experience.

Our Environmental Duty
By pruistom61 on 05/01/12 18:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As soon as I saw the Prius v in the showroom, it peaked my curiosity. Having been the previous owner of a 2005 Prius and the current owner of the 2011 Prius, I knew this model must a be a winner. The test drive proved my feelings correct. The mileage so far is in the 40's and the cabin room and comfort surpassed my expectations. Coming from a Volvo XC70, I didn't realize how much rear leg room we would gain with the v. I have read and viewed most reviews prior to the purchase and went with the three version providing with the GPS feature and am very happy with the purchase. Test one for yourself. Like the slogan says, "Once you get you hands on a Toyota, you'll never let go!"

Love,Love,Love my new Pearly Prius
By jenm1231 on 04/29/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first hybrid. I have always driven the large gas hogs. I now feel free to drive by the gas stations and smile as I do not have to put more then $20 in per week. I bought the three model with the pearl white paint. It is so much fun to drive. The power button is great when you need that quick pick up to get on the highway. t the moment I'm only averaging 38 miles per gallon,not the 42 they claim. I got an amazing deal on mine. Most dealers weren't willing to drop the price but my MSRP was over $28k and I paid only $25498 and got $2500 more for my trade. I'm so happy. People just stare at me when I'm t the gas station. I know it's envy... Can't beat the savings!!!

Very satisfied
By gunkie on 04/04/12 17:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had the car for 350 miles, but I am very satisfied with this purchase. The last new car I purchased was 16 years ago (a 1996 Land Cruiser that I still have w/280000 miles and going strong). I have no buyer's regret. I drive 60 miles round trip commuting everyday and I'm averaging over 50 miles/gallon in the first week. I've learned how to use the ECO mode and PWR mode efficiently and my initial forays into hypermiling are a lot of fun. I like the Entune audio system and the data/power hookups for the cell phone. After messing around with the voice commands, I can do all phone calls completely hands free and most audio commands hands free.

Navigation system
By eglideman on 04/01/12 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It was my understanding that Toyota had made changes to the Nav system so it was more user friendly. I'm fairly good with gps systems but the voice activation on the Prius V 5 is pretty bad. I even called the dealer to help me and he couldn't help until he talked to his tech on Monday. The vehicle is amazing in every way except that. Up to now I haven't been able to find a forum or site that helps in that area.

The perfect car for high gas prices
By chet11 on 03/29/12 01:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like everything about our Prius V! It is fun to drive and the MPG is averaging 43. Plenty of room in the back for two adults and when you put the seats down...the room is wonderful.

Good overall value - and mileage
By syscon on 03/22/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first drive impression was very positive, very quiet, a lot of room in the back and front. Reclining rear seats (a plus). Engine shuts OFF/ON is hardly noticeable. Big improvement in seats comfort over previous models. Gas mileage calculated at the pump in Alberta mild winter: first tank was 5.5L/100km (42.7mpg US) temp. -10 to 5C (14F to 41F) second tank was 5.02L/100km (46.8mpg US) temp. -5 to 5C (23F to 41F)

Right time, Right car
By richaardg on 03/18/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my Prius V for a month and have never got less than 46 mpg. Bring on the $4 + a gallon gas! At first I was reluctant to buy such a different type of vehicle, but this is turning out to be a great choice. There is far more interior room than it looks like it has from the outside. I love the upright seats and with the V the rear view is much easier to see out of than the original Prius. The backup camera is a great safety feature and has already saved me once.

2011 Red Camaro to 2012 Pruis V (3)
By briansp on 03/16/12 15:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Prior to the 2011 Camaro I had a 2009 Camry Hb which I really liked. Of course I loved the Camaro, 6 speed, Red tinted windows but with fuel prices moving into the high 3 dollar level I went shopping. The 2012 Prius V (3) caught my eye and after a test drive I was sold. Purchased in Feb 2012 and already have 3500+ miles and to date everything has been great. Tinted windows a carbon dark grey which makes the White color pop. Made a gate like car separator out of PVC for $13 to keep my K-9 Shepard in the back behind the rear seats and he has plenty of room. Overall, I really like this car and enjoy driving it as much as I can... did I mention my 17 son was not happy..too bad..Oh Well

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Prius v in VA is:

$128 per month*